For most people, home is where they find the most comfort, which explains why in-home care is the preferred choice for seniors and disabled adults. These individuals often receive in-home care from a family caregiver, but family members cannot realistically provide care at all necessary times. They have their own lives and families to take care of and don’t always have the time or resources to be a family caregiver. However, home care services are still the best option for elderly individuals and disabled adults.
With complete home health care services in the Glenview, IL area, Assisting Hands Home Care can assist seniors and disabled adults to help them live at home comfortably and safely. We will create a customized care plan by doing an assessment of your loved one’s care needs and an evaluation of their home.
Along with proper training and experience, our caregivers have passed a background check, so they can be trusted to provide quality home care services. Furthermore, the caregivers we employ at Assisting Hands Home Care are insured, bonded, and trained to conduct first aid and CPR.
Complete Home Care Assistance
We will personalize our home care services to meet the needs of our clients. Available for inclusion in the care plan are:
- Meal Preparation: Limitations may prevent elderly individuals and disabled adults from cooking food for themselves. Our caregivers will make sure clients get proper nutrition by preparing meals for them. We also take care of the post-meal cleaning.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Some seniors and disabled adults may have difficulties keeping up with their personal care and grooming routines. Our caregivers can help out by assisting with getting dressed, using the restroom, bathing, and more.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved one cannot drive, our caregivers can help by providing them with rides to doctor’s appointments and wherever else they may need to go. Additionally, our caregivers can also take care of any errands.
- Care Management: Our caregivers will provide care using a customized care plan that ensures your loved one’s care needs are met. We also create a schedule that works for family caregivers, and we will help with managing medication.
- Light Housekeeping: For those who are physically limited, keeping their home clean can be a tough task. Our caregivers will dust, vacuum, and do other light housekeeping activities to ensure the home stays tidy.
- Companionship: Feelings of loneliness are common for seniors and disabled adults, but our caregivers will help with this. Our caregivers will not only provide care to your loved ones, but they will also be social companions to them as well by developing personal relationships. To do this, we partake in fun activities and converse with them.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: There are certain seniors and disabled adults who require attention at all times of the day, and we can cover these needs with the live-in and 24-hour care services we provide. With our live-in care services, a caregiver lives at your loved one’s home and provides care but needs to sleep at night. With our 24-hour care services, a caregiver is awake and available to provide assistance no matter what time of day it is.
- Respite Care: Some elderly individuals and adults with disabilities have a family caregiver, but they may not always be able to provide care. They may need help and/or a break from providing caregiving services, and we can help with that through our respite care services. We will provide your loved one with a quality caregiver who provides assistance while the family caregiver is on scheduled breaks.
- Overnight Care: With our overnight care services, we can provide assistance to those individuals who require care and help throughout the nighttime. A caregiver comes to the client’s home in the evening to provide care and assistance and to respond to any emergencies that come up.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Specialized care is necessary for individuals who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, and our caregivers can provide such care. We employ caregivers who are properly trained to care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients and who will engage them in mentally-engaging activities that are designed to slow memory loss.
- Post-Operative Care: When someone undergoes surgery, it can be tough for them to recover, but you don’t want them to suffer a setback. With our post-operative care services, a caregiver will care for and monitor the individual recovering from surgery, helping them and making sure they make a full recovery without setbacks.
In addition to developing a care plan that caters to the client’s needs, we will also choose a caregiver who we believe is a good fit for your loved one. If their care needs change, we will accommodate them and alter the care plan. If the primary caregiver cannot work a certain day, then there’s no need to worry; we always have another caregiver available and ready to help out your loved one.
Call (847) 868-9280 for more information regarding the home care services that Assisting Hands Home Care offers in Glenview, IL. Within 48 hours of your contact, we can provide a qualified, trained caregiver for your loved one.