With more senior citizens choosing to age in place than previous generations, the role of in-home caregivers has become much more important. Seniors choose to age within their own homes because this option allows them to live independently in their familiar surroundings.
However, many seniors cannot live their everyday lives completely without assistance, especially if they have limited mobility or a chronic illness or condition. In-home caregivers like those at Assisting Hands can provide quality, compassionate care for your elderly loved ones to allow them to live their golden years comfortably at home.
Non-Medical In Home Care
Assisting Hands Home Care provides professional in-home care services for senior citizens in Kenilworth, IL. We are accredited by the Illinois Department of Public Health to provide non-medical in-home care and we employ highly trained and certified caregivers.
Each of our caregivers must pass a background check to ensure that the caregivers we send to your loved one’s home can provide quality care and treat your loved ones with respect.
Trusted Home Health Care
Our in-home caregivers will assist your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as with other tasks needed around the home, known as instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs). Our services begin with an in-home evaluation by our owner or on-staff nurse to assess the needs of your loved ones.
We will then create a personalized care plan and choose the right in-home caregiver who can provide the care and companionship your loved ones need. Our caregivers can help your loved ones with the following:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Bathing and showering: Bathing or showering can be difficult for seniors with physical or cognitive limitations, but it is still important to bathe regularly. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with their bath or shower.
- Personal hygiene and grooming: We understand that personal appearance is important to seniors. We will assist your loved ones with hygiene and grooming activities to help them maintain their personal appearance.
- Dressing: Our caregivers will help your loved ones dress for the day in the morning and for bed at night.
- Transferring: If your loved ones have limited mobility, we will help with transferring including getting in and out of bed, a chair, wheelchair, and the car.
- Continence care: If your loved one struggles with incontinence; our caregivers will provide assistance if there is an incident.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-care Tasks to Maintain Independence
- Light housework: Our caregivers will do light housework to help keep the home clean and tidy.
- Meal preparation: We will prepare meals each day to ensure that your loved ones get enough nutrition and we are always mindful of their dietary restrictions.
- Medication reminders: Our caregivers will remind your loved ones to take their medication at the proper time. Forgetting to take medication is a major reason senior citizens to end up in the hospital.
- Errands: We can take care of necessary errands such as grocery shopping, medication pickups, and shopping for clothing and other needed items.
- Transportation: Our caregivers can provide rides to get your loved ones to doctor appointments, family gatherings, and other events.
If you have elderly loved ones in Kenilworth, IL that need in-home care to age in place, give Assisting Hands Home Care a call at (847) 868-9280. We can send a member of our staff to your home right away for a free in-home consultation.