With our thorough home health care services in Northfield, IL, and the neighboring areas, Assisting Hands Home Care helps seniors and disabled adults.
We provide numerous in-home care services which include elderly care, senior in-home care, respite care, hospice care, personal care and companionship, and memory care for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. With trained and licensed caregivers, you can feel comfortable knowing that your elderly or disabled loved ones are in the care of qualified professionals and will receive exceptional care services.
Professional Home Health Aide
In the past, if seniors sought everyday care and assistance, they needed to live at a nursing home or an assisted living facility. But now, seniors can get the everyday care and assistance they need right in their own homes, and this is made possible through in-home care services. What’s appealing about these services is that seniors are now able to maintain some level of independence and control of their own lives.
Assisting Hands Home Care helps elderly individuals and disabled adults in Northfield, IL, by providing them with home health care services. Within our services, we will meet your loved one’s unique care needs, ensuring we provide complete services. Our bonded, insured, and licensed caregivers will be respectful and compassionate with your loved ones.
After contacting us for in-home care services, we have a meeting with you and your loved one to figure out what care needs must be met. Additionally, we perform a safety evaluation. With the information we gather, we then develop a proper care plan and schedule.
In-Home Care Services
Call (847) 868-9820 to reach Assisting Hands Home Care for the home health care services that we provide to elderly individuals and disabled adults in Northfield, IL. The following may be included within our home health care plans:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Personal Care: If an elderly person has limited cognitive abilities or mobility, then doing activities of daily living (ADLs) can be difficult. Our caregivers will help with this by providing assistance for these self-care tasks. Some examples of ADLs we help with include ambulation, bathing and showering, and medication reminders.
- Light Housekeeping: Housekeeping is sometimes tough for seniors to do on their own, but our caregivers will provide assistance with this. We will dust, mop, vacuum, take out the garbage, and do laundry among other tasks.
- Meal Preparation: Not all seniors are able to cook meals for themselves. In such a case, this can lead to seniors not getting their regular meals, causing them to become malnourished. Our caregivers can help with this by preparing nutritious meals for clients.
- Errands and Transportation: Some seniors no longer drive, because they’ve given up their driving privileges—and also some of their independence. Regardless of the reason for this, our caregivers are available to help. We will provide rides to wherever clients need to go, and we will help run errands as well.
- Companionship: We find it essential to not only be caregivers for your loved ones, but to also be companions to them, treating them with compassion and respect. Our caregivers will do fun hobbies and activities, engage in conversation, get to know clients, and develop personal relationships with them.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia require consistent care, and this is typically best received by them within their own homes. The reason for this is that their homes provide a familiar environment, which helps comfort them. We employ caregivers who have been properly trained to provide memory care services, so we can effectively help Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. Not only do our caregivers know how to appropriately respond to any mood swings and agitation, but our caregivers will also have your loved ones do memory exercises that aid in slowing down memory loss.
- Respite Care: Some seniors are fortunate enough to have a relative act as an informal caregiver for them, but such a responsibility is a demanding one. Family caregivers often have their own jobs, families, and lives to attend to and take care of, but they instead spend their free time caring for their loved one. This is admirable, but it can easily lead them to neglect their own health and well-being. Family caregivers can become stressed, don’t get enough rest, and suffer from numerous health concerns. With respite care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, we will provide the informal caregiver with a well-deserved break by having one of our own professional caregivers temporarily work in their place.
- Hospice Care: When you receive news that a loved one has been diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, it’s understandably difficult. With our hospice care assistance services, Assisting Hands Home Care is available to help families in such a situation. We will assist and take care of your relative while you visit them and handle other personal matters.
- Personalized Home Health Care: At Assisting Hands Home Care, our professionals are devoted to creating home care plans that are customized to our clients’ own unique care needs. To create the care plan, we take into account their medical history and schedule in addition to their care needs.
For home health care services from Assisting Hands Home Care in Northfield, IL, call (847) 868-9280, to set up a free in-home consultation.