Our complete in-home care services include elderly care, senior home care, personal care and companionship, respite care, and memory care for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Your loved ones will be in the care of our highly trained and licensed caregivers who will provide the care they need while treating them with dignity and respect.
In-Home Care in Skokie, IL
In previous generations, it was common for seniors to seek care and assistance at a nursing home or assisted living facility when they could no longer live safely alone. Among the baby boomer generation, 90 percent of senior citizens are choosing to age in place in their own homes instead of seeking care elsewhere. By aging in place, seniors can continue to live in their home and maintain some independence in their everyday lives.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help senior citizens and adults with disabilities who wish to live at home in Skokie, IL with our home care services. We will ensure that all of your loved one’s care needs are met so they can live safely and comfortably at home. Our caregivers will take the time to understand your loved one’s unique needs and they are properly trained and licensed to provide quality, compassionate care.
Our home care services begin with a visit from our representatives in your loved one’s home so we can evaluate their care needs. After our evaluation, we will form a home care plan with feedback from you and your loved ones. This plan will cover their care needs and ensure that our caregivers arrive at scheduled times that are convenient for all involved.
If your loved ones in Skokie, IL could benefit from our in-home care services, call us at (847) 868-9280 to set up an in-home consultation.
Our home care services include the following:
- Personal Care and Assistance: Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), such as restroom use, bathing, dressing, and ambulation, are important but difficult for some seniors to handle on their own. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with their ADLs.
- Companionship: We take pride in providing excellent care for your loved ones and we will also be their companion. Our caregivers will get to know your loved ones on a personal level to be their friend as well as their caregiver.
- Meal Preparation: If your loved ones cannot safely cook for themselves, we will prepare meals for them to ensure that they get enough nutrition. We will prepare and serve the meals and we will follow any dietary restrictions your loved ones have.
- Light Housekeeping: As seniors get older, they will likely no longer be able to handle housekeeping tasks like they used to. Our caregivers will help with light housekeeping tasks to keep the home in good condition including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and emptying the trash.
- Transportation and Errands: Many seniors must give up their ability to drive, which is an inconvenience and blow to their independence. Our caregivers can give your loved ones rides to doctor appointments and other important events as well as help them with their errands.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: If your loved ones suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia, then it is beneficial for them to receive care in the familiar environment of their own homes. Our caregivers can effectively care for those suffering from these conditions and ensure they are safe and comfortable. We can react to many of the common symptoms of Alzheimer’s and dementia and engage them in memory exercises to slow memory loss.
- Respite Care: If your loved ones are cared for by a family member, it is important to give the family caregiver some time off to recharge and tend to their personal lives. With our respite care services, our caregivers will take over and provide care for your loved ones so the family caregiver can get some time off.
- Personalized Home Health Care: No matter the care needs of your loved ones, we will make sure that they are covered with our personalized home care services. We tailor each care plan to our client based on their care needs, medical history, and schedule.
Assisting Hands Home Care can be reached at (847) 868-9280 to set up a free in-home consultation for our home care services in Skokie, IL.