Assisting Hands Home Care serves elderly individuals and disabled adults in Winnetka, IL, and neighboring areas by providing them with home health care services.
We offer many different services within our in-home care: elderly care, senior in-home care, personal care and companionship, memory care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, hospice care, and respite care. We employ properly trained and licensed caregivers who you can trust to provide your loved ones with quality care services.
Before, seniors either had the choice of residing in an assisted living facility or nursing home if they reached a point where they needed everyday care to get through the day. But this isn’t the case anymore as the popularity of home health care has grown because it allows seniors to maintain some independence and control of their lives.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our home health care services are available to assist elderly individuals and disabled adults at their own homes. Our in-home care services are thorough and effective, meeting all of your loved one’s unique care needs. Additionally, our caregivers will treat clients with great care, respect, and compassion.
After getting in touch with us for our in-home care services, we have a representative set up a meeting with you and your loved one. At this meeting, we will discuss your loved one’s care needs and conduct a care assessment and safety evaluation. This ensures we have the necessary information to develop an effective care plan and schedule, considering any input you and your loved ones provide.
Home Health Care Services
If you or a loved one in Winnetka, IL, is in need of home health care services, give Assisting Hands Home Care a call at (847) 868-9280. Within our home health care plans, the following can be included:
- Personal Care and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Elderly individuals with limited mobility or cognitive abilities can have a tough time performing activities of daily living (ADLs). Our caregivers will be available to assist clients with these self-care tasks, such as restroom use, bathing and showering, medication reminders, ambulation, and more.
- Light Housekeeping: Seniors sometimes have a difficult time doing chores like dusting, vacuuming, and other housekeeping tasks. But it’s important to keep a clean home. This is where our caregivers come in, helping with light housekeeping tasks like taking out the garbage and doing laundry.
- Meal Preparation: If elderly individuals cannot cook for themselves, then they may not get daily meals. This can lead to malnourishment, but our caregivers will prevent this by preparing meals to ensure they get their necessary nutrition.
- Transportation and Errands: No matter what the reasons are, some seniors give up their driving privileges, which also means giving up some of their independence. Our caregivers can help your loved ones get to wherever they need to be by providing them with transportation services. We will also help with whatever errands they may have.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will be more than just that to your elderly loved ones. We will also be their companions, working to develop a relationship with them. We will partake in conversation, do fun activities, and engage in their favorite hobbies.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: For Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, it is usually best to receive care within the comfort of their own homes because they are in a familiar environment. It also allows for consistent care. Our caregivers have undergone special training in order to provide quality memory care services and we know how to work with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. Furthermore, we know how to respond to agitation and mood swings and will engage clients in memory exercises that are designed to slow memory loss.
- Hospice Care: It is never easy to hear that a loved one has a terminal illness or limited life expectancy. Assisting Hands Home Care is here to help in such a scenario with the hospice care assistance services that we provide. Our caregivers will provide care and assistance for your relative, doing whatever needed to ensure their comfort. With our help, you can use your time to visit your loved one and handle any end-of-life affairs and other personal matters.
- Respite Care: There are a lot of elderly individuals who get in-home care from a relative, but it can be tough to be a family caregiver. This is because family caregivers will devote a great deal of time to caregiving but may not take time for themselves. They may also provide care in addition to having a full-time job. All of these responsibilities can easily lead to stress, lack of sleep, and other health problems. Our caregivers can relieve some of the family caregiver’s duties with our respite care services. Through these services, we will provide your elderly loved one with a caregiver so that the family caregiver can take a well-deserved break.
- Personalized Home Health Care: At Assisting Hands Home Care, we are committed to developing home care plans that are personalized to meet your loved one’s care needs. When creating the care plan, we take their care needs, medical history, and schedule into consideration.
Call (847) 868-9280 for a free in-home consultation regarding the home health care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides in Winnetka, IL.