If elderly or disabled relatives receive care from a loved one, it’s usually during the daytime. At night, however, family members will often leave to go home or remain at the home and go to sleep. Even if they’re still around but asleep, they will likely be unavailable to immediately respond to any calls for help or emergencies. Because of this, it’s a good idea to have someone awake and available throughout the night to assist your loved one.
Overnight Caregivers in Evanston, IL, and Surrounding Areas in Cook County
In addition to passing a background check, the caregivers we employ at Assisting Hands Home Care are properly trained, bonded, insured, and licensed. That said, you can trust that our caregiver will provide exceptional non-medical home health care to your loved ones in a compassionate manner. With our assistance, you will have peace of mind knowing that your loved one has someone to help them.
Our overnight care services begin when the caregiver arrives at the client’s home in the evening. We help your loved one bathe, get dressed, and do whatever else they need to prepare for bed. The caregiver will be available throughout the night to immediately help with bathroom trips, emergencies, and other situations.
Depending on your loved one’s preference, the caregiver can either remain in your loved one’s room or stay elsewhere in the home. No matter where you choose for them to stay, the caregiver will be prepared to help and check in on your loved one periodically to make sure everything’s fine.
The following can be expected from our overnight caregivers:
- Morning and evening assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), bathing, and personal hygiene
- Assistance with getting in bed, getting out of bed, and changing sleeping positions
- Reminders for medication(s)
- Bathroom assistance during the middle of the night
If your loved ones struggle with the following issues, then they can benefit from our overnight care services:
- Vision Loss: For individuals who have limited vision, it can be unsafe to move around their home during the night. Our caregivers will help guide them at night, removing any tripping hazards and obstacles, to ensure they remain safe.
- Falls: Falls are among the numerous causes for major injuries in elderly individuals, but our caregivers will assist clients to prevent and reduce the likelihood for falls during the night, providing them with guidance as they move throughout their home.
- Dementia: Seniors who have Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia are known to wake up and wander around during the middle of the night. Our caregivers will be there to make sure they remain safe and return to bed.
- Post-Surgery: Undergoing surgery can make it tough for seniors to comfortably sleep throughout the night. Our caregivers will keep an eye on your elderly loved one and help them switch sleeping positions.
Call for a Free Consultation
If you have an elderly relative who you don’t want to be alone during the night, then Assisting Hands Home Care can help with the overnight care services we provide. We have one of our representatives visit your loved one’s home to conduct a free consultation, where we assess their care needs and then create a care plan that meets those needs.
For more information regarding our overnight care services in Evanston, IL, and the neighboring areas, give us a call at (847) 868-9280.
Related Overnight Care Services