Assisting Hands Home Care provides customized senior home care services for senior citizens in Evanston, IL and the surrounding areas of Cook county who have chosen to age at home. Our staff will meet with your loved ones in their home to understand their unique care needs. Using this information, we will form a home care plan and assign a licensed caregiver who can provide your loved one with excellent care and companionship.
Senior In-Home Care Services in Evanston, IL
The overwhelming numbers of seniors in the baby boomer generation who are choosing to age in place has led to an increase in the availability and quality of in-home care services. There are many benefits for seniors to receive care in their homes as opposed to leaving for a nursing home or assisted living facility. Remaining at home allows them to stay in a familiar and comfortable environment while maintaining more control over their daily lives.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we help senior citizens in Evanston, IL age in place with our comprehensive senior home care services. We understand that each individual has their own unique care needs which is why we will work with you and your loved ones to ensure we develop an effective care plan. Our care plans are also flexible in case the needs of your loved ones change.
Our caregivers are highly qualified as they must go through training and pass a background check when hired. They are each licensed, bonded, and insured and will treat your loved ones with compassion and respect while providing quality care. If an emergency occurs, our caregivers are trained to provide CPR and First Aid and they will promptly alert EMTs.
Help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
It is common for seniors with mobility issues or cognitive limitations to have difficulty with basic self-care tasks, also known as activities of daily living (ADLs). Our caregivers can help your senior loved ones with the following ADLs:
- Bathing and Showering: If your loved one has a hard time bathing or showering on their own, our caregivers can help them with full or partial assistance.
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers can also help those who need assistance to use the restroom, whether they need full or partial assistance.
- Dressing: We will help your loved ones get dressed for the day in the morning and for bed each evening.
- Personal Appearance: We know that personal appearance is important to those of all ages. We will help your senior loved ones maintain their personal appearance by helping with personal hygiene activities such as brushing their teeth and combing their hair.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers can respectfully help those struggling with incontinence issues, helping them clean up and change clothes.
- Mobility Assistance: We can help seniors with mobility issues by guiding them through the home and helping them get in and out of their bed, recliner, or wheelchair.
In addition to ADLs, we can help your senior loved ones with the following activities:
- Meal Preparation: It is common for senior citizens to experience malnutrition by skipping meals or not eating healthy enough. Our caregivers will prepare nutritious meals that account for any dietary restrictions.
- Transportation: If your senior loved ones no longer drive, we can help them get to doctor appointments and other important events by providing transportation. We can also help with grocery shopping and other errands.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can help your loved ones keep their home clean by helping with light housekeeping duties. We will take care of household chores including laundry, vacuuming, dusting and emptying the trash.
- Companionship: Our caregivers aim to be more than just the caregivers for your loved ones. We will build a personal connection with your loved ones and engage them in conversation and fun activities to be their companion.
If your senior loved ones in the Evanston, IL area could benefit from our professional senior care services, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 868-9280. We will set up a free in-home assessment to evaluate the care needs of your senior loved ones.