We begin by holding a meeting with you and your elderly loved one, conducting a home safety evaluation and a care assessment to determine their needs. Furthermore, we create a care plan that covers all their care needs and accommodates their schedule. After the plan is completed and has been approved, we then assign your loved one with a caregiver who will be a good fit.
Help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
Bathing and restroom use are just two of the personal hygiene activities that our caregivers are prepared to help seniors with. We may include the following personal care tasks in our senior care plans:
- Dressing: Dressing oneself can prove to be difficult for some elderly individuals, especially if they have physical limitations. Our caregivers will help them get dressed every day.
- Restroom Use: If you have elderly loved ones who require assistance when using the restroom, our caregivers will help.
- Bathing and Showering: Bathing and showering regularly is important, but seniors might have trouble washing themselves. Providing full help or just partial assistance, our caregivers will help them with daily bathing and/or showering.
- Personal Appearance: Our caregivers will help seniors brush their teeth, comb their hair, and do other tasks that help them maintain their personal appearance.
- Mobility Assistance: For those with limited mobility, our caregivers will help them get around their home and get up and into their wheelchair, bed, or recliner.
- Incontinence Care: If your loved one struggles with incontinence, our caregivers will help them get changed and cleaned.
We can also include the following to help seniors at home:
- Light Housekeeping: To make sure that your elderly loved ones live in a clean environment, our caregivers will perform light housekeeping activities, including doing laundry, dusting around the home, and vacuuming floors.
- Transportation: For those seniors who don’t drive, our caregivers will provide them with rides to medical appointments, family events, and other places. Additionally, our caregivers can provide further assistance by doing errands.
- Meal Preparation: To ensure that your elderly loved ones are eating regularly and getting proper nutrients, our caregivers will prepare meals for them, taking into account any dietary restrictions that they may have.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will be companions and friends to seniors, developing a personal relationship with them by doing fun activities and making conversation.
Senior Home Care Services in Glenview, IL, and the Rest of Cook County
The nation saw an increased need for senior home care when a significant amount of the baby boomer generation approached retirement age. Previously, families had little choice but to have elderly relatives leave their homes to receive care at a nursing home or an assisted living facility. But now, the professional healthcare industry has acknowledged the benefits of senior home care, which has become the preferred choice for families with retired elderly relatives.
With senior home care services, Assisting Hands Home Care is able to help elderly individuals in Glenview, IL, and the nearby areas in Cook County age comfortably and safely at home. Our caregivers have quality training, years of experience, and proper licensing, so you can trust that your elderly loved ones will receive excellent care and companionship. To develop a care plan that caters to seniors’ unique care needs, we will collaborate with you and your loved one.
In order for our caregivers to begin work and provide care to clients, they must first pass a background check and go through our training program. We do this to guarantee that only the best, compassionate, respectful, trustworthy caregivers work with your loved ones in their homes, providing them with quality care. In addition, we employ bonded and insured caregivers who are trained to provide first aid and CPR.
Reach out to Assisting Hands Home Care for our senior home care services if you have elderly relatives in Glenview, IL, or the nearby areas of Cook County who need care and assistance while aging at home.
Complimentary In-Home Senior Care Assessment
Assisting Hands Home Care is dedicated to giving elderly individuals whatever personal care and assistance they require in order to age at home comfortably and safely. Inquire about a free in-home assessment by calling us at (847) 868-9280.
Related Senior Services: