We collaborate with you to create a care plan that meets their care needs and works with their schedule. After the completion of the care plan and approval, we then proceed by assigning a caregiver who will be a great fit for the senior.
Help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
From bathroom use to showering, our caregivers are prepared to assist your elderly loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) including personal hygiene tasks. The following personal care tasks may be included within our senior care plans:
- Bathing and Showering: Seniors need to bathe on a regular basis, but they may find it difficult to do so. Our caregivers will help your loved ones bathe and shower, providing partial or full assistance, to ensure they clean themselves regularly.
- Dressing: Our caregivers will help seniors get dressed daily, in the morning for the day and in the evening for bed.
- Incontinence Care: For those who are affected by incontinence, our caregivers will help them get cleaned up and change clothes after an incident.
- Mobility Assistance: Our caregivers will assist those individuals with limited mobility by helping them get into and up from the recliner, wheelchair, or bed in addition to helping them move around their home.
- Personal Appearance: Whether it is helping them brush their teeth or comb their hair, our caregivers will assist with whatever activities help your elderly loved ones maintain their personal appearance.
- Restroom Use: Some seniors may need help when using the restroom, and our caregivers will provide them with either partial or full assistance depending on their needs.
The following can also be included to provide more assistance for your elderly loved ones at home:
- Transportation: Whether it includes giving rides to medical appointments, family get-togethers, or another event, our caregivers will provide seniors with transportation to where they need to go. Our caregivers will also help with errands.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors need to eat proper meals to avoid becoming malnourished. Our caregivers will make sure your elderly loved ones get their nutrients by preparing meals for them that account for any dietary restrictions.
- Companionship: In addition to providing care, our caregivers will be companions and friends to seniors. Our caregivers will take the necessary time to develop a personal connection with them by engaging in conversation and partaking in fun activities.
- Light Housekeeping: Doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting, and more, our caregivers will perform light housekeeping activities to ensure seniors’ homes remain clean.
Senior Home Care Services in Northbrook
As a large portion of baby boomers began to reach retirement, the nationwide need for senior home care has increased. Before, there wasn’t much choice but for families to have their elderly loved ones placed in assisted living facilities or nursing homes if they could not care for themselves. This isn’t the case now, though, as healthcare professionals recognize how beneficial senior home care is for retired seniors, making it the preferred choice for these individuals’ families.
Serving Northbrook, IL, and the neighboring areas of Cook County, Assisting Hands Home Care offers seniors who wish to age in place with senior home care services, allowing them to safely live at home. We employ well-trained, experienced, licensed caregivers who will provide your elderly loved ones with quality care and companionship. We create a customized care plan for our clients to ensure their care needs are met. To do this, we will work with you and your elderly loved one.
Our caregivers are all required to pass a background check and to finish our training program in order to start working and providing services to clients. These steps ensure that your loved ones only receive care from trustworthy caregivers who will assist them in a compassionate, respectful manner. Furthermore, our caregivers are trained to do CPR and first aid and have been insured and bonded.
If your elderly relatives live in Northbrook, IL, or the neighboring areas of Cook County, get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care for more information regarding our senior home care services.
Complimentary In-Home Senior Care Assessment
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we are devoted to providing your senior loved ones with the personal care they need to age at home in a safe, comfortable manner.
For a free in-home assessment, give us a call at (847) 868-9280.
Related Senior Services: