Assisting Hands Home Care is licensed through the Illinois Department of Public Health. Many wonder about the difference between hiring an agency or hiring someone directly. Hiring with an agency is the legal way to hire a caregiver and provides you with added protections and insurance.
The added value of a home care agency include the following:
- Illinois Department of Public Health Licensing
- Complies with IDPH guidelines regarding caregiver training, intake procedures, supervision, scope of care, etc.
- Caregivers are Legal Employees
- At Assisting Hands all caregiver are our employees. We cover appropriate employment taxes & make sure we comply with laws regarding overtime, benefits, etc.
- Assisting Hands is responsible for holding liability and workers’ compensation insurance. Although caregivers work in your home, we are responsible for the work they do.
- Professional Coordination Team
- All of our staff are Certified Dementia Practitioners.
- Expertise in hiring and match caregivers with client needs
- Monitor caregiver arrival, departure, and care notes
- Quarterly visits to assure quality of care
- Easy billing and printed invoices to submit for tax purposes
- Concierge Service
- Changes are common in home care. Our care team can adjust to changes seamlessly. Your loved one may require more care after a hospitalization or less care on their road to recovery. Our Assisting Hands team can ensure that the management is off your plate and in our hands. Think of us as your concierge for home care services.
For more information on how you or your loved one can benefit from working with a home care agency, like Assisting Hands Home Care, please give us a call at 847-737-9991.