Our mission at Assisting Hands Home Care is to support the individual’s choices and preferences to be in their own home in order to maintain their dignity and independence. We know your Glenview home is your castle; better than any luxury hotel and or exotic destination.
Through our in-home care service we can work with you to provide assistance so that you may remain happy and healthy at home in Glenview, IL for as long as you choose.
In-Home Care: Your Morning Routine at Home
Morning is the most popular time of day for families to request in-home care. This is because getting ready for the day can involve quite a few tasks and we want to help get your day started on the right foot!
Our morning services include:
- Transfer assistance out of bed
- Shower supervision
- Dressing assistance
- Personal hygiene support
- Assistance with other activities of daily living, such as brushing teeth, dentures, or putting in hearing aids properly.
- Help putting on support stocking
- Assisting you down or upstairs
- Changing bedsheets
- Preparing a light breakfast and coffee
- Cleaning up after breakfast
- Assisting to another room in the house to start the day!
In-Home Care During the Daytime
Assisting Hands Caregivers often take clients on errands during the day. They typically provide companionship to appointments or:
- Assisting client with dressing for appointments
- Transporting clients to doctor appointments
- Driving clients to the grocery store
- Unloading groceries and preparing lunch
- Companionship activities such as reading, puzzles, or conversation
- Assisting client with personal hygiene throughout the day
- Supporting clients to go through mail, call families members, write cards, etc.
- Providing support to a spouse or other primary caregiver so he or she may complete daily tasks
Evening/Overnight In-Home Care
- Prepare and serve dinner
- Feeding assistance if needed
- Dressing assistance before bed
- Assisting with washing face, brushing teeth and personal
- Bedtime medication reminders
- Ensuring the home is secured by checking locks, oven, etc.
- Preparing any items the client may need for the next day
- Transfer assistance to bed
- Overnight care providing a watchful eye and hygiene assistance throughout the night
The services above are usually all that an individual needs to remain safely in their own home. Some families choose to have a caregiver round-the-clock, providing the optimal level of care. Other families may only request a caregiver for part of the day.
We are happy to tailor our services to your needs. Each client is unique and we would love to speak with you to see if one of our caregivers may be a good match for you!
Schedule a Free Consultation
For more information about our in-home care services in the Glenview, IL area or to request a consultation, give us a call at (847) 737-9991.
Related In-Home Care Services:
In-Home Care Services Winnetka, IL
In-Home Care Services Arlington Heights, IL
In-Home Care Services Mt. Prospect, IL
In-Home Care Services Prospect Heights, IL
In-Home Care Services Wilmette, IL
In-Home Care Services Wheeling, IL
In-Home Care Services Des Plaines, IL