After a common surgery like a hip replacement, fall prevention is of utmost importance. Caregivers and CNAs are trained to walk by your side, assist to and from the restroom, and assist with dressing.
Recovering from a surgery can be difficult, especially for those living alone or who are in charge of errands and chores. But too much exertion can create problems which leads to setbacks and even more time to recover.
But an Assisting Hands Caregiver provides compassionate care so you are comfortable and at ease until your recovery is complete! This can include small things like adjusting your pillow, turning on the TV, bringing you a cup of tea, or washing some clean pajamas and sheets for a good night’s rest.
Often, the true service of post-operative care is in the details. Think of how YOU would care for your spouse, child, or mother after a surgery. Our goal is to make you feel right at home (in your home!) after surgery.
Common Post-Operative Care Clients:
- Hip Replacement
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Any surgery that impacts vision or balance
Post-operative care is normally 24 hours/day for the first few days or weeks following care. An Assisting Hands caregiver will help with the following:
- Provide you and your family with peace of mind that someone is always there for anything you may need. The caregiver can contact the agency and family if she notices a change in condition or other concerns.
- Help you to the restroom through the night
- Assist with a shower or sponge bath
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Light housekeeping such as dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting
- Bring the mail into the house
- Medication reminders to prevent missing any dosages
- Assist you with phone calls
- Do errands to the grocery store or to pick up prescriptions
For more information on our post-operative care services in the Winnetka, IL area, give us a call at 847-737-9991.