Baby boomers are increasingly deciding to age at home instead of going to live in an assisted living facility or a nursing home. In fact, choosing to age in place has become the preferred, more attractive option.
Seniors decide to age at home, because it allows them to maintain some independence and control of their lives. Some seniors also don’t want to give up their homes. However, when choosing to stay at home, elderly individuals will likely require some level of assistance to safely live at their residence, such as help with personal care activities and housekeeping tasks. Assisting Hands can help with this through the senior care services we provide.
In-Home Senior Care Services in Queen Creek, AZ, and the Neighboring Areas in Pinal and Maricopa Counties
At Assisting Hands, we help elderly individuals in Queen Creek, AZ, and the neighboring areas who are aging in place with our senior home care services. Working with you and your loved one, we develop a comprehensive customized care plan that thoroughly meets their unique care needs. Then, our caregivers use the care plan to provide proper care in a compassionate and respectful manner.
We take pride in the fact that we always personalize care plans to cater to seniors’ needs, as it allows us to provide effective care. Our bonded, insured, and licensed caregivers are well trained and highly qualified, have passed a background check, and completed additional training upon being hired. Knowing this, you can trust that we will provide your loved ones with quality home care, helping them with meal preparation, personal care, and more.
To begin these services, we first hold a meeting with you, your elderly loved one, and your family. During this meeting, we assess their care needs so that we’re able to develop a proper care plan. If any changes need to be made, we can alter the care plan.
Within our senior care plans, our caregivers help with the following activities of daily living (ADLs):
- Personal Hygiene Help: During the morning and night, our caregivers will provide assistance to your loved ones with personal care and hygiene tasks.
- Restroom Use: When seniors need to use the restroom, our caregivers will help to ensure their safety.
- Bathing and Showering: Regular bathing is important, but a lot of elderly individuals struggle to bathe. Our caregivers are available to help so that your loved ones continue to bathe on a regular basis.
- Transfer Assistance: Our caregivers will help your loved one get in and out of their bed, wheelchair, or recliner and get from place to place if they have trouble moving around their home.
- Getting Dressed: Our caregivers help your loved ones get dressed for the day and for bed.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers will help your loved ones get cleaned up and changed into new clothes if they struggle with incontinence.
Within our senior care plans, our caregivers help with the following instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs):
- Meal Preparation: There are numerous reasons that seniors may struggle with cooking. Regardless of the reason, our caregivers will prepare nutritious meals for your elderly loved ones on a daily basis. When preparing food, we will take into account any dietary restrictions seniors have.
- Light Housekeeping: Maintaining a clean home is an important task, but it’s also one that’s difficult for many seniors. Knowing this, our caregivers will perform light housekeeping to keep the home clean.
- Transportation: If your elderly relative does not drive, then our caregivers can help by providing them with rides to medical appointments and any events they need to make. We will even run errands.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers will assist with grocery shopping so that seniors always have enough food at their home.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are more than just people who care for your loved ones. We are also companions to them. We develop personal relationships with them by engaging in quality conversation and by participating in fun hobbies and activities.
If you don’t see the service you need, please contact us and visit the Full List of Services page.
Schedule a Complimentary Assessment for Your Senior Care Needs
If you have an elderly loved one in Queen Creek, AZ, or the neighboring areas who needs home care, then call Assisting Hands Home Care at (602) 535-5440 for more information or to schedule a free in-home consultation.