There are approximately 70 million people in the baby boomer generation who have served in the U.S. armed forces. Those over the age of 65 may be eligible for Veteran’s Affairs (VA) benefits that can be obtained by applying through the Department of Veterans Affairs. Those eligible for VA benefits can then work with our professionals to determine your benefits and how they can offset the cost of home care provided by Assisting Hands Home Care.
Those who qualify for our VA Home Care services in Gilbert, AZ and the surrounding areas will receive quality home care services from our trained and licensed caregivers. We will work with you and your loved ones to form a comprehensive care plan that covers your unique needs. (See the Full List of Services)
VA Pension Benefits
If you qualify for a VA pension benefit, you can receive up to $2,200 to offset the cost of our home care services. You must fill out a form that includes the following questions to qualify for this benefit:
- Are you a veteran or the living or surviving spouse of a veteran and over 65 years old?
- Do you need some assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)?
- Do you have monthly household combined income below these amounts: $3000 for couples, $2600 for a single veteran, $2000 for a surviving spouse?
- Do you have less than $123,600 in retirement accounts?
- Was the surviving spouse married to the veteran at the time of the veteran’s death?
- Did the veteran serve at least 1 day of active duty during a time of war?
- Is the applicant receiving or have they applied for monthly money from the VA for wounds suffered during their military service?
- Does the applicant plan on living at home for at least a year or have a discharge date to return home from the facility they are currently in?
If you are interested in our VA Home Care services for yourself or a loved one in Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek, and the surrounding areas, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more. Our representatives will help you fill out the appropriate forms to determine your VA benefits and how they can be applied to your home care. You can reach us at (602) 535-5440 for more information.