“Even if you think you know all there is to know about Dementia, there’s so much more to learn in this class. The people who think they know about everything come away with something new.”
Created with the busy community in mind, this intensive training yields the highest impact to your residents. Appropriate for personnel working in a general care setting with residents who may have Dementia /Alzheimer’s or staff working in or managing a memory care unit.
$300 per attendee:
- 6 hours at the Assisting Hands training facility
- Class size designed for optimal learning
- “Positive Approach to Care Manual” and Certificate of Completion
Participants Learn How to Better Understand the Client or Resident:
- Interact and meet them where they are in their brain disease progression
- Learn how to do things “with” them not “to” them
- Proper techniques on how to connect with them to achieve a positive outcome
- Practical, everyday tips
And How to Physically Approach the Client or Resident:
- Identify how the individual’s brain disease stage determines the approach to effective care
- Gain insight into how behaviors are triggered
- Learn flexible techniques to connect with them in a way that helps reduce anxiety and prevent escalation
- Tips for positive, practical interaction to maintain a calm and safe environment
The GEMS®: Brain Change Model
- Discussion about different states of brain disease with specific examples of how to interact with each state
- The ability to “see” individuals dealing with brain change as precious, unique and capable
- Role play scenarios and use specific techniques to interact so that time spent together is engaging and productive
Need extra assistance? Review a specific technique? Your time is valuable and we are here for you! Give us a call and we’ll schedule a time for you to speak with one of our specialists.
$50 per call up to 30 minutes; $100 for an hour
*Assisting Hands reserves the right to change services and pricing at our discretion.