Assisting Hands Home Care provides senior home care services in Chesterfield, VA area to help senior citizens live safely and comfortably at home. Our staff will work with you and your loved ones to create a comprehensive home care plan that is tailored to your loved one’s specific needs.
More senior citizens in the baby boomer generation are deciding to spend their golden years at home compared to previous generations. While it was once common for seniors to seek care at a nursing home or assisted living facility, around 90 percent of seniors now prefer to stay and receive care at home.
Aging in place is appealing to senior citizens because it gives them more day to day control and independence in their personal lives. However, it can become difficult for seniors to live at home without assistance as their care needs increase. Seniors can often get help from their family members but providing them with regular care may become impossible without outside help.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we help senior citizens in Chesterfield, VA area age in place with our senior home care services. We will start our services with a full assessment of your loved one’s care needs so we can create a care plan that is tailored to their needs. We will then assign a trained and licensed caregiver who can be trusted to provide effective care for your loved ones while treating them with kindness and respect.
Personalized Senior Care Services – Chesterfield, VA
Our senior care services are personalized based on the care needs of your loved ones to ensure that we cover each of their unique needs. During our in-home evaluation, we will do a safety inspection of the home as well as an assessment of your loved one’s needs. As we form the care plan, we will consult with you and your loved ones to ensure every need is covered and that their schedule is accommodated. A caregiver is then assigned to care for your loved one according to the finalized plan.
You can trust our caregivers to provide effective care in your loved one’s home as they have each passed a background check and have been properly trained. Each of our caregivers is expected to follow Our Shared Values in their work, which include the values of kindness, compassion, integrity, creativity, and accountability. Following these values is very important to us as we hold our work to a high standard to ensure that your loved ones not only get quality care but are also treated with the utmost respect and compassion.
The following may be included in your senior care plan:
- Personal Care Assistance: Seniors may have difficulty handling personal care tasks as they develop physical or cognitive limitations. We can help your loved ones with personal care activities including dressing, bathing, restroom use, and others.
- Transfer Assistance: Our caregivers can help seniors with limited mobility, assisting them as they move around the home and helping them get in and out of bed.
- Bathing and Showering: If your loved ones have difficulty bathing themselves, we will provide full or partial assistance to help them bathe or shower.
- Restroom Use: We can assist your loved ones with restroom use if they need help.
- Getting Dressed: Our caregivers will help your loved ones get dressed in the morning and evenings.
- Personal Appearance: We will help your loved ones maintain their personal appearance by assisting with personal hygiene activities such as combing their hair and brushing their teeth.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers are prepared to help those who are affected by incontinence.
We can also include the following in your senior home care plan:
- Meal Preparation: It is important for seniors to eat daily, nutritious meals but some cannot cook for themselves. Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones according to their dietary restrictions.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can take care of certain housekeeping tasks including vacuuming, dusting, and laundry to keep the home clean.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers will help with the grocery shopping to ensure that there is always food in your loved one’s home.
- Companionship: Our caregivers see themselves as social companions for your loved ones as well as their caregivers. We will engage your loved ones in fun activities and friendly conversation to help build a personal relationship.
Call for a Free In-Home Consultation
Contact our representatives at Assisting Hands Home Care if you have senior relatives in the Chesterfield, VA area who could benefit from our senior home care services. We will meet with you and your loved ones in their home for a free in-home consultation. You can reach us at (804) 533-6505 for more information about our senior care services.
Elderly Care Services at Home – Richmond, VA
Senior In Home Care – Richmond, VA
Elderly Care at Home – Chesterfield, VA
Senior Care at Home – Chesterfield, VA
Senior / Elder Care at Home – Henrico, VA