At Assisting Hands Richmond, we provide senior care services to help senior citizens in Richmond, VA and the surrounding areas who have chosen to age in place. We will help create a comprehensive senior care plan to cover your loved one’s care needs and assign a trained and licensed caregiver to carry out the plan.
As more people in the baby boomer generation have reached their retirement, a larger number of them are deciding to stay at home as they age. Senior citizens in previous generations typically left their homes to live at a nursing home or with family, but 90 percent of seniors are now choosing to age in place.
There are several benefits to aging in place as seniors can remain in the comfort of their own home and live a more independent life. However, many seniors will still need some form of assistance to continue living at home. Family members may be able to help with some things around the house, but it takes a professional caregiver to provide effective personal care services.
Assisting Hands Richmond provides senior home care services to help care for senior citizens aging at home in Richmond, VA and the surrounding areas. Our staff works with you and your loved ones to assess their specific care needs and form a comprehensive care plan. Our caregivers are each highly trained and licensed to provide home care and they will be a good companion, as well as an excellent caregiver, to your loved ones.
Custom Senior Care Services
The senior care services that we provide are customized to meet the unique needs of each of our clients. We begin our services with an in-home assessment in which our staff will evaluate the care needs of your loved ones as well as the safety of the home. We then create a care plan with feedback from you and your loved ones to ensure every need is covered. Once the care plan is finalized, we will choose a caregiver who we believe is best suited for the situation.
Each of our senior caregivers at Assisting Hands Richmond have passed a background check and are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide care in the home of your loved ones. Our caregivers also follow Our Shared Values in their work which include kindness, compassion, integrity, creativity, and accountability. Your loved ones will always experience kindness and compassion from our caregivers, and we will always work with integrity when providing intimate personal care. We can help come up with creative solutions to meet your loved one’s care needs and we hold everyone accountable to ensure a high level of care.
Our senior care services may consist of the following:
- Help with Personal Care: As seniors get older, it may become more difficult for them to take care of their personal hygiene like they used to. Our caregivers can help seniors with their personal hygiene activities including restroom use, bathing, getting dressed, and other activities.
- Transfer Assistance: If your loved ones have issues with mobility, our caregivers will help them move around the home and get in and out of their bed, recliner, or wheelchair.
- Bathing and Showering: Bathing regularly is important for personal hygiene, but it may be difficult for seniors to bathe on their own. We will provide your loved ones with the assistance they need to bathe or shower.
- Restroom Use: We can provide full or partial assistance to help your loved ones use the restroom.
- Getting Dressed: We can help your loved ones get dressed each morning and again for bed in the evening.
- Personal Appearance: Our caregivers will help your loved ones comb their hair, brush their teeth, and choose their clothing to help maintain their personal appearance.
- Incontinence Care: If your loved ones struggle with incontinence, we can provide them with the help they need.
We can add the following to your senior care plan for additional help:
- Meal Preparation: Getting enough nutrition is important for seniors but preparing their own meals may be difficult or dangerous. Our caregivers will prepare daily meals for your loved ones that follow their dietary restrictions.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers will make sure there is always food in the house by assisting with the grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: Keeping the home clean can be difficult for seniors if they can no longer bend and reach like they used to. We will help handle certain light housekeeping tasks to ensure that the home stays clean.
- Companionship: At Assisting Hands Richmond, our caregivers will be social companions for your loved ones as well as their caregivers. We will connect with your loved ones on a personal level with friendly conversations and engage with them in their favorite hobbies.