At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide comprehensive senior home care services to help senior citizens age in place in Franklin, Waukesha, Milwaukee, and the surrounding areas in Wisconsin (See the Full List of Service Areas). Our caregivers will help develop a care plan that meets the needs of your elderly loved ones so they can live safely at home.
In previous generations, it was common for senior citizens to receive care at a nursing home or assisted living facility if they could no longer live safely on their own. The current generation of seniors have reversed this trend as they are choosing to age in place instead of leaving their homes when they need care. Around 90 percent of seniors now prefer home care services so they can receive the care they need without giving up their homes.
When seniors choose to age in place, they are keeping more than their homes. They are also retaining independence and control of their lives that they would lose if they left for a nursing home. While many seniors can handle living at home on their own for a while, they will eventually need help with chores around the home and some personal care activities. When they reach this point, senior home care services are an ideal option.
Senior Home Care Services in Franklin, Waukesha, Milwaukee, WI and the Surrounding Areas
Assisting Hands Home Care provides senior care services to help those in Franklin, WI and the surrounding areas safely age in place. Our caregivers will assess the care needs of your senior loved ones and work with you to form a care plan that accommodates their needs. Each of our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide your loved ones with exceptional care and companionship.
We tailor all of our senior care plans to the individual needs of each client to ensure that they can live safely and comfortably at home. Our caregivers must submit to a background check once they are hired and go through additional training to ensure they can provide care to our standard. Our senior care services start with a consultation in which we will evaluate the care needs of your loved ones and work with you to form a complete care plan. If the care needs of your loved ones change, we can adjust the care plan accordingly.
Our senior care plans may include assistance with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADLs):
- Personal Care and Hygiene: Our caregivers can assist your loved ones with their personal care and hygiene activities in the morning and at night before bed.
- Transfer Assistance: We can help seniors with limited mobility by helping them get out of their bed, recliner, or wheelchair and helping them move around the home.
- Bathing and Showering: Our caregivers will provide as much assistance as necessary to ensure that your loved ones bathe or shower each day.
- Restroom Use: We can help your loved ones get to the bathroom and provide as much assistance as needed.
- Getting Dressed: We will help your loved ones get dressed for the day in the morning and for bed each night.
- Incontinence Care: We can assist those who struggle with incontinence.
In addition to ADLs, we can help your loved ones with the following Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs):
- Meal Preparation: It is important for seniors to get the proper amount of nutrition. Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones daily to ensure that they get enough nutrition. We will also account for their dietary restrictions.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help your loved ones keep their home clean by taking care of certain housekeeping tasks including laundry, sweeping, mopping, and emptying the trash.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with important errands including grocery shopping and medication pickups.
- Transportation: We can help seniors who no longer drive by providing rides to doctor appointments and family events.
- Companionship: Our caregivers consider themselves more than just a provider of care for your loved ones. We also want to be their companions. Each of our caregivers will take the time to get to know your loved ones to build a personal relationship through good conversation and fun activities.
(See the Full List of Services)
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation
Give us a call at (262) 565-6898 if you have senior loved ones in Franklin, Waukesha, or Milwaukee, WI who could benefit from our senior home care services. We will come to your loved one’s home for a free consultation to understand their care needs.