Assisting Hands® Home Care provides memory care and Alzheimer’s and dementia home care services in Milwaukee, WI and surrounding areas to help those affected feel safe and comfortable at home (See the Full List of Service Areas).
Those who suffer from Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and other forms of dementia can greatly benefit from receiving care in their own home because it is a familiar environment. We can provide professional memory care services that are designed to slow memory loss as well as positively respond to mood swings and agitation.
Assisting Hands Home Care is available at (262) 565-6898 to provide more information about our dementia and memory care services for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
Dementia vs. Alzheimer’s
Despite them being used interchangeably, Alzheimer’s is only one form of dementia that affects over 70 percent of U.S. seniors. Dementia is a general term that describes a series of symptoms including cognitive degeneration and memory loss. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia and one of the top causes of death in the U.S. today.
All forms of dementia are degenerative diseases that affect cognitive abilities and memory loss. These conditions will continue to worsen over time, from short term to long term memory as well as the overall decline in cognitive abilities, making it difficult for the patient to take care of themselves. Those in all stages of dementia will require some form of home care assistance to protect their health and safety.
Signs of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
It’s common for seniors to experience some type of memory loss as they age, but this doesn’t mean it’s a sign of Alzheimer’s or dementia. Those in the early stages will experience some memory loss and general confusion. Regardless, it’s important to stay aware of these signs to get them help as early as possible to manage their symptoms.
The following are common symptoms of Alzheimer’s and dementia:
- Wandering: General confusion will take place as it leads to aimless wandering. This can include searching for lost friends and family as well as things that don’t exist. It’s important to walk with them to prevent them from leaving the home.
- Forgetfulness: Short term memory is affected first in the early stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia. They will begin to forget conversations and events that occurred the previous day. These symptoms will progress towards forgetting loved ones in the later stages.
- Agitation: Those suffering from these conditions will become aware of their limitations, making them frustrated. It’s not uncommon for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients to experience outbursts and mood swings.
- Incontinence: In the final stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia, they will lose control of their body, leading to incontinence.
Dementia Home Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Patients in Milwaukee, WI and Surrounding Areas
Assisting Hands provides in-home memory care and Alzheimer’s and dementia care services for seniors in Milwaukee, WI and surrounding areas.
Those affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia will require constant care at home in order to live safely. Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are specially trained to help them live comfortably as these symptoms progress.
They know how to respond positively when loved ones begin to wander, taking a respectful approach when recognizing signs of mood swings and agitation. We can also reduce the effects of memory loss by engaging them in mentally stimulating activities.
Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services include the following:
- Companionship: Those suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia should be surrounded by familiar faces. That’s why our caregivers work to build a personal connection with them, getting to know them through frequent conversation. They will also be engaged in their favorite hobbies and activities which helps to ease agitation and mood swings.
- Personal Care: For patients who need help with self-care activities like bathing, getting dressed, using the bathroom, and incontinence, we can be there for them when they need it.
- Wandering: Those who wander aimlessly may be putting themselves in danger by falling. Our caregivers will guide them and help them to move safely around and stay in the home.
- Medication Reminders: We will ensure that your loved one is always updated on taking the right medication at the right times.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare health and nutritious meals while keeping all dietary restrictions in mind.
(See the Full List of Services)
As soon as you call Assisting Hands Home Care for our memory care services, we will set up a free, in-home consultation to evaluate their needs. We will then create an effective care plan according to these needs and notify you right away should their condition change at any time. The care plan can also be adjusted accordingly.
If you have a loved one in Milwaukee, WI or the surrounding area who suffers from Alzheimer’s or dementia, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our memory care services. Our caregivers are licensed and insured to treat your loved one with compassion and respect to allow them to live safely at home.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Assisting Hands Home Care is available at (262) 565-6898 to provide professional Alzheimer’s and dementia care services for all patients suffering from common symptoms.