There eventually comes a time when your parents or other elderly members of your family will need some care and assistance in their daily lives.
As more people in the baby boomer generation reach this age, more of them are opting to age in place in their own homes instead of leaving to get care at a retirement home or assisted living community.
While this option gives them more independence, it can be stressful for you to know that there is no one there to help them with daily activities or emergencies. Many seniors need some additional assistance to be able to live in their homes comfortably and safely.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in Warrenville, IL
Assisting Hands Home Care can help put your mind at ease by providing non-medical home health care services for your loved ones in Warrenville, IL.
When your family members reach the age where they need consistent care, you can make sure that they get the care they need in one of several ways. One way is to have a member of your family act as the caregiver which can save you the trouble of hiring someone. However, family caregivers are usually overworked and highly stressed, and the demands of the job can be detrimental to their own health and well-being. Hiring a caregiver directly is another option, but this also makes you responsible as the caregiver’s legal employer which may be difficult for some families to manage.
Working with a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care is the most beneficial of these options because you are guaranteed a trained caregiver who is licensed, bonded, and insured.
Our caregivers are chosen not only for their ability to provide quality care, but also for the respect and compassion they show to our clients.
The home health care services that we provide in Warrenville, IL consist of the following:
- Personal Assistance: Many senior citizens can no longer handle their personal activities like they used to and may need help dressing, bathing, or getting up out of bed. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with a range of personal activities.
- Meal Preparation: Some seniors are malnourished because they either lose their appetite, or the ability to prepare meals for themselves. Our caregivers will prepare meals daily to ensure that they get enough nutrition, and we will follow any dietary restrictions.
- Errands and Transportation: Losing the ability to drive takes some freedom away from senior citizens. We help restore that freedom by providing rides and running necessary errands.
- Light Housekeeping: If your loved ones have a hard time completing household chores, our caregivers will take care of certain light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming and dusting.
- Companionship: You can trust our caregivers to provide quality care for your loved ones and be a good social companion. Our caregivers form a personal connection with our clients through engaging conversation, games, and other activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can provide effective memory care for those suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s which has been shown to improve memory.
- Respite Care: If you or another family member is providing care for your loved ones and you need scheduled breaks, we can help with our respite care services.
- Post-Operative Care: The recovery process after surgery can be difficult for seniors and a setback can make the recovery process longer and more painful. We will help aid your loved ones in their recovery by making sure they follow their post-surgery instructions.
Contact Us for Your Home Care Needs
If your parents or elderly family members in Warrenville, IL could benefit from our home health care services, give us a call to set up an evaluation.
Our representative will do a thorough safety evaluation of your loved one’s home, as well as an assessment of their individual care needs to help create an effective care plan.
We will then work out the care plan with you and your loved ones to ensure that all their care needs are covered. This plan will also include a schedule for our caregivers, and we keep our care plans flexible so they can change along with the changing needs of your loved ones.
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 352-3656 to learn more about our in-home care services