Oftentimes, family members have great respect for their elderly relatives because they not only came before them, but they also made a plethora of sacrifices throughout their years. Knowing this, it comes as no surprise that a lot of families will care for their elderly relatives themselves as opposed to putting them in an assisted living facility or a retirement home.
Providing informal care services for your elderly relatives by yourself can be a stressful task, though. Family caregivers will have to increasingly dedicate time to care for loved ones as they age, and this can cause one’s well-being to be negatively affected.
Assisting Hands Home Care can lessen your family’s burden with the elderly care services that we provide in Glen Ellyn, IL.
We employ caregivers who are trained to provide seniors with home care services that allow them to age comfortably.
If your elderly relative has long term care insurance, we will accept this to cover the cost of care.
All of our caregivers undergo thorough screening and are also licensed, insured, and bonded. As such, you can trust us to provide excellent care and companionship for your loved one.
Elderly Care Services in Glen Ellyn, IL Provided by Assisting Hands
Everyone is different, having their own particular needs to be met. We know this, which is why we work with families to develop a personalized care plan that effectively meets senior loved one’s needs. With our elderly care, the following can be expected:
- Care Management
- 24-Hour Care
- Live-In Care
- Help with Personal Activities
- Meal Preparation
- Errands and Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
The following specialized care services are included in our senior care plans:
- Personal Care and Grooming: Our caregivers will help seniors with personal hygiene tasks like bathing, dressing, and restroom use.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We provide specialized care to people who suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia. One example of such services includes memory care exercises that help reduce memory loss.
- Fall Prevention: More than anything else, elderly individuals become injured from falls, but we can help prevent falls in a home. Our caregivers will make sure a senior’s home is free of trip hazards and we will help guide them around the home if necessary.
- Meal Preparation: To ensure that seniors receive proper nutrition, our caregivers prepare nourishing meals on a daily basis.
- Transportation and Errands: To assist seniors who are unable to drive, we can provide rides to appointments, events, and more. We will also help run errands.
- Light Housekeeping: With light housekeeping tasks like vacuuming and laundry, our caregivers help keep senior citizens’ homes clean.
- Companionship: Our caregivers do more than just provide care for your elderly loved ones, we are also friends and companions. We will converse, play games, and do other fun activities with your loved ones.
- Post-Surgical Care: If a senior has had surgery recently, our caregivers will help him/her with their recovery and avoid any setbacks.
- Hospice Care: For those with limited life expectancy or a terminal illness, we provide them with compassionate health care. This allows them to live their final days with dignity.
If you need help caring for elderly family members in Glen Ellyn, IL, call Assisting Hands Home Care. We offer elderly care services in which our caregivers provide tremendous care for your loved ones. We are skilled, compassionate, patient, and respectful with our service. Additionally, we keep an open line of communication with you and your family to provide updates on your elderly relative’s health status.