A great deal of senior citizens from the baby boomer generation have been deciding to stay in the comfort of their homes as they go through their golden years, preferring this to living in a care facility. With such a trend, there is a significant demand for senior in-home care services that assist elderly individuals so they can comfortably age at home.
Everyday tasks become more difficult to do without help as people age. Doing household chores and taking care of personal hygiene aren’t as easy as before, and this can make it even tougher for elderly individuals to age at home.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide senior citizens in Glen Ellyn, IL with in-home senior care services. These services are meant to assist elderly individuals as they age in their own residences. With assistance from our caregivers, seniors can get help with daily activities, allowing them to comfortably remain at home.
To guarantee they’re dedicated to their service, our caregivers undergo a thorough screening process. Furthermore, this allows us to only employ caregivers who will be committed to providing the best care and companionship to seniors in a respectful, compassionate manner.
To make sure senior citizens receive the help they need, Assisting Hands Home Care works with you and your loved ones to develop a customized care plan. We also accept long term care insurance as a means to pay for our care services.
Our Personal In-Home Care Services Include the Following:
- Help with Daily Routines: When elderly individuals get older, they tend to have trouble performing everyday activities. Some examples of such include dressing oneself and getting out of bed. Our caregivers will help senior citizens with such tasks.
- Transfer Assistance: We provide assistance to help seniors get up from their wheelchair, bed, or couch.
- Bathing and Showering: Our caregivers are prepared to help elderly individuals shower or bathe if they are unable to perform such tasks on their own.
- Restroom Use: Whether seniors need partial help or full assistance, we will help with their restroom usage.
- Dressing: We help seniors get dressed every morning after getting out of bed and every night before going to bed.
- Personal Appearance: To help them keep up their personal appearance, our caregivers provide assistance with grooming.
- Incontinence Care: Elderly individuals who are affected by incontinence receive our help with cleaning up and changing clothes.
Our Senior In-Home Home Services Also Include the Following:
- Meal Preparation: Every day, our caregivers will prepare meals for seniors to ensure they are eating enough and getting the proper nutrition. Our meal preparation service includes preparing the food, serving the meal, assisting the elderly individual with eating, and cleaning up.
- Grocery Shopping: If a senior is unable to drive, we will get groceries and pick up prescriptions for him/her.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will assist with light housekeeping to keep one’s home clean and sanitary. Such work includes dish washing, linen changing, dusting, mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming.
- Companionship: When in their golden years, a lot of seniors feel lonely, and this loneliness can lead to feelings of depression. In addition to providing care, our caregivers will also act as companions to the elderly individuals they care for. We will converse and play games with them in addition to other activities.
If you have family members who are seniors in need of assistance within their homes, get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care. We will develop a customized care plan for your loved ones to provide senior in-home care services that will help them age in place.