As we already established, Naperville (a western Chicago suburb) is a great place to live and have fun. One of the things locals and visitors alike love like about it is the food (and the night life, of course).
In addition to the national restaurant chains like Olive Garden, Red Lobster and local ones like Aurelio’s Pizza there are plenty of unique to Naperville only restaurants that can satisfy every taste – from high-end ones to a few where you can have a delicious lunch for $10 or less.
Here I am going to introduce you to three of them that are worth visiting:
- Sharko’s BBQ – this barbeque joint that’s unique to Naperville just opened it’s second location at 1715 Freedom Drive in what’s becoming the latest hot spot with multiple restaurants – Maggiano’s and Pita Inn, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant, Old Town Pour House and The White Chocolate Grill being just a few of them.What I like about this bbq joint is that the staff is always nice and friendly. The meat is always moist and tender and there are plenty of sauces to choose from. Everything is fresh and house made.
And before I forget – the ice-cream is free for kids and for adults who eat it (take-out is available). Every year Naperville hosts the Ribfest but I am yet to find another vendor that makes bbq better than Sharko’s.
- Meson Sabika – this is a high-end tapas style restaurant which also hosts numerous events during the year.It’s inside in an old mansion built in 1847 so the ambience is unique. However, on a warm sunny day you are better off sitting in the garden. Even though this place is expensive it’s a good idea to reserve a table in advance especially on nights with live entertainment.The food is always excellent, well-seasoned and cooked to perfection. I have heard people saying that when they want to impress friends or business associated they take them to Meson Sabika, it’s that good.
If you want to taste as many of their items as possible you need to visit them on a Sunday morning for their brunch.
- Fire it Up – another local gem – a taco fusion grill. They focus on fresh, locally-sourced and organic ingredients. Their cocktails are crafted with local and grain-to-glass spirits and they also offer beers from local breweries.You can visit them on your lunch break (definitely take advantage of their lunch special of two tacos and a side for $8).They recently revamped their menu to include children selections so people with kids don’t have any excuses anymore not to visit it. It’s also easy to access as it is close to I-88 so even if you don’t live in Naperville you can get in and out in no time (located in the Riverbrook Shopping Center).
Directions from Little Pops NY Pizzeria Trattoria to Meson Sabika via 75th St and S. Washington St
- Head northwest on Wehrli Rd toward Lisson Rd
- Turn left onto 75th St
- Turn right onto S Washington St
- Turn left onto W Martin Ave
- Turn right onto S West St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Aurora Ave
- Arrive at Meson Sabika at 1025 Aurora Ave, Naperville IL 60540