If you have parents or other elderly members of your family who are reaching retirement age, then you know that they will soon need daily care.
More senior citizens are choosing to age in place when they reach their golden years then in previous generations, which gives them more independence and control over their lives.
However, many senior citizens will still need some assistance when it comes to taking care of the home and themselves. It can be stressful for families knowing that their loved ones do not have someone nearby to provide help.
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we can help ensure that your loved ones in Glen Ellyn, IL age in place safely with our home health care services.
If your family needs to provide daily care for your parents or other elderly relatives to help them age in place, there are several options. One option is to have one of your own family members provide care.
While this will save your family money and the trouble of dealing with outside help, it does put an enormous amount of stress on the family caregiver.
The second option is to directly hire a caregiver, but this option makes your family that caregiver’s employer. Therefore, you would be responsible for payment, taxes, training, and your own insurance which is a lot for families to handle.
The final option is to work with the licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers of a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago. You can trust that our caregivers are highly trained and ready to provide quality care, and be a good friend and companion to your loved ones.
You can expect the following with our in-home care services in Glen Ellyn, IL:
- Personal Assistance: As seniors get older, they may have increasing difficulty with everyday activities from getting out of bed to bathing and using the restroom. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with their personal hygiene and other activities.
- Meal Preparation: Many seniors do not get enough nutrition, especially if they no longer cook for themselves. We will prepare meals each day to ensure that your loved ones get the nutrition they need.
- Errands and Transportation: It is common for seniors to no longer drive, but this makes it difficult for them to run errands or get to important events. We provide transportation to help your loved ones run their errands and make it to doctor appointments and family gatherings.
- Light Housekeeping: Seniors with limited mobility often can’t handle many household chores. Our caregivers will help tackle light housekeeping jobs such as dusting and vacuuming to keep the home clean.
- Companionship: We are not only dedicated caregivers, but also committed to being a friend for your loved ones. Our caregivers will build a personal relationship with your loved ones and consistently engage them in conversation, games, and other fun activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide memory care services for those with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia which can help improve memory.
- Respite Care: If your loved ones are cared for by a family caregiver, you can give that family member a break with regularly scheduled respite care services.
- Post-Operative Care: If your elderly family members have recently had surgery, then it is important for them to get the care they need to recover. Our caregivers can help your loved ones focus on their recovery by taking care of light housekeeping duties and monitoring their condition and medication intake.
Reliable Home Care Assistance
The home health care services provided by Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago start with an in-home evaluation with you and your loved ones.
Our loved ones will do a safety inspection of the home, and take note of the specific care needs of your family members. We will then work with you and your loved ones to form an effective care plan based on our assessment of their specific care needs and the safety of the home.
Our care plan also features a schedule for our caregivers so you will know when to expect them. Every care plan we create is flexible so that they can be adjusted if the care needs of your loved ones change.