The preference of senior citizens when it comes to how they want to spend their golden years has changed since baby boomers have reached retirement age. Previous generations of seniors typically went to nursing homes or assisted living facilities when they reached a point where they needed assistance with daily activities. Studies show that around 90 percent of seniors now choose to age in place and stay in their homes.
There are several reasons senior citizens prefer to remain in their own homes. Aging in place gives seniors more independence and control in their daily lives without giving up their home and possessions that they worked their entire lives to obtain. However, seniors who age in place will likely need some assistance with driving, housekeeping, and personal care.
The rise in seniors choosing to age in place has led to an increase in the demand for professional in-home care. Home care agencies like Assisting Hands Home Care in Lisle, IL must provide quality and compassionate home health care to ensure the safety and well-being of seniors living in their own homes.
If you or a loved one has decided to age in place in the Lisle, IL area and would like professional care, Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete senior home care services.
Personal In-Home Care Services for Seniors in Lisle, IL
Assisting Hands Home Care is committed to providing in-home care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Lisle, IL.
Our highly qualified caregivers have each passed an extensive background check and they are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection.
You can trust that the caregivers we send to your loved one’s home are well trained and compassionate about providing the best possible care.
We can help seniors with personal activities such as grooming as well as meal preparation, running errands, and light housekeeping.
We understand that paying for home health care services for a loved one can be a burden. At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we accept long term care insurance to help pay for our home care services.
Personal In-Home Care Services
The first thing we do when you call us for in-home care services is send a representative to the home of your loved one for an evaluation. We will carefully assess the needs of your loved ones including their personal care needs and assistance needed around the house. After our assessment, we will create a customized home care plan with you and your loved ones that ensures all needs are met.
The personal care services for seniors we provide include the following:
- Help with Daily Routines: The morning and night time routines for some seniors becomes more difficult with age. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with their daily routines from bathing and dressing to restroom use.
- Transfer Assistance: If your loved ones have limited mobility, we can assist them in transferring from the bed, couch, or wheelchair.
- Bathing and Showering: These tasks can be difficult for seniors with limited mobility. We will assist your loved ones with their bath or shower.
- Restroom Use: Whether your loved ones need minimal or full assistance, our caregivers can help.
- Dressing: We can help your loved ones get dressed for the day and dressed for bed at night.
- Personal Appearance: We can help maintain your loved one’s personal appearance by helping with their grooming.
- Incontinence Care: We assist seniors with cleaning up and changing their clothes if they are affected by incontinence.
Additional services covered by our elderly in-home care include:
- Meal Preparation: We can prepare daily meals for your loved ones in accordance with their dietary restrictions to ensure that they are eating healthy. Our caregivers will make the meals and take care of the cleanup.
- Grocery Shopping: If your senior loved ones no longer drive, our caregivers will take care of important errands including grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions.
- Light Housekeeping: House work can be physically taxing for seniors. We will perform light housekeeping duties such as washing dishes, vacuuming, dusting, and laundry to help maintain the home.
- Companionship: Depression and loneliness are common issues among senior citizens. Our caregivers consider themselves companions for your loved ones and will engage them in friendly conversation and other various activities to help prevent depression and loneliness.