What is Overnight Care for the Elderly?
There are many families that have the ability to care for their elderly loved ones during the day but keeping them company through the night may be difficult.
It is common for family caregivers to spend the day with their elderly parents or relatives and go home for the night.
Some family caregivers may stay in the home with their loved ones, but they still need to sleep, and they may not respond to an emergency quick enough if it happens while they are asleep.
If you have an elderly relative in Lisle, IL that shouldn’t be left alone at night, we can help at Assisting Hands Home Care in Lisle with our overnight care services.
Our overnight caregivers will stay awake through the night in your loved one’s home to provide assistance if they wake up in the middle of the night and respond to emergencies.
Having an overnight caregiver in the home of your loved one will help you rest easier at night and these services can be covered by long-term care insurance.
Trusted Overnight Caregivers
Each of our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care in Lisle, IL has passed an extensive background check and they are licensed, bonded, and insured so they can be trusted in the home of your loved ones.
They are also highly trained to provide quality care and react to emergencies.
Our overnight care services for the elderly begin when our caregiver arrives in the evening.
We will help your loved ones with their bed time routines including bathing and getting dressed and help them get into bed as well. If your loved one has limited mobility or has recently had surgery, we can help them change positions in bed for their comfort.
Our caregiver will stay awake and attentive the entire night in case your loved one wakes up or an emergency occurs.
You can choose to have our caregiver spend the night in the same room as your loved ones while they sleep or allow them to move around the home while staying vigilant.
You can expect the following from our overnight caregivers:
- Assistance getting ready for bed including help with bathing and dressing
- Assistance getting into and out of bed, as well as help changing positions
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with using the restroom in the middle of the night
Your loved one could benefit from our overnight home care services if they exhibit any of the following:
- Poor Vision: If your loved ones have poor vision due to cataracts, glaucoma, or another issue, it can be dangerous to move around the house, especially at night. Our caregivers will be there right when your loved one wakes up to guide them to the restroom at night safely.
- Falls: Falls are a major cause of injuries among seniors and they are more likely to happen at night. We will help prevent falls by guiding them through the home and removing obstacles that could cause a fall.
- Dementia: Those suffering from dementia may wake up in the middle of the night and wander aimlessly through the home. If this happens, our caregiver will safely guide your loved ones back to bed.
- Post-Surgery: Sleeping at night can be difficult for those who recently had surgery. We will help keep your loved ones comfortable and even help them change positions throughout the night.
If you don’t like to leave your senior relatives alone at night, then talk to our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care in Lisle about our overnight care services.
Our caregiver will be present and awake through the whole night to provide any assistance needed and respond to emergencies. Our overnight care services can be covered by your loved one’s long-term care insurance.