The baby boomer generation is reaching their golden years in large numbers which is causing an increase in the senior citizen population throughout the Chicago suburbs.
As more seniors reach the point where they need assistance to live, many are choosing to stay at home instead of leaving for an assisted living community or nursing home. While aging in place gives senior citizens more independence than these other options, it is still difficult for many to live without some assistance.
Senior citizens may have a harder time with certain tasks than they used to like housekeeping, getting dressed, and even getting out of bed. At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we can help senior citizens in Naperville, IL safely age in place with our complete in-home health care services.
Families typically have three options to choose from to provide care for senior citizens or adults with disabilities in their family.
Sometimes the family might take care of the problem themselves by having another member act as the caregiver, or they may hire a caregiver independently or through a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago.
Hiring an independent caregiver or having a family member handle the care will save your family the most money, but working with a home care agency has benefits that you can’t get from a family or independent caregiver.
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago we carefully screen all of our caregivers to ensure that our clients get the best possible care from skilled and compassionate caregivers. You can also trust our caregivers to be fully licensed, bonded, and insured.
The in-home health care services that we provide for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Naperville, IL include the following:
- Personal Assistance: Some seniors have difficulty with daily personal tasks and may need assistance with personal hygiene. Our caregivers can provide personal assistance that includes help getting dressed, bathing, and using the restroom.
- Meal Preparation: If senior citizens do not eat nutritious meals every day, they can easily become malnourished. We will prepare daily meals for your loved ones to ensure that they get enough nutrition.
- Errands and Transportation: Many senior citizens can no longer drive themselves which causes them to lose some independence. Our caregivers will provide errands and transportation services to take care of necessary errands and drive our clients to important events and appointments.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will take care of many light housekeeping tasks that your loved ones can no longer handle such as vacuuming, dusting, and taking out the trash.
- Companionship: At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we are committed to providing much more than excellent care for your loved ones. We want to provide social companionship as well and build personal relationships with our clients.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Senior citizens who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease need specialized care. Our caregivers can provide effective care for those with dementia that includes activities to help improve memory.
- Respite Care: If you have a family caregiver that needs to be relieved regularly, we can provide scheduled respite care services to give them a much-needed break.
- Post-Operative Care: It is very difficult for anyone to recover from surgery and any setback can increase your recovery time. We provide post-operative care services to help those who have had surgery get back on their feet.
Reliable Home Health Care in Naperville, IL
Our home health care services start with a visit from one of our representatives to do a safety inspection of the home and determine the specific care needs of the individual.
Once we determine the safety level of the home and the specific care needed, we will create a care plan with the family to ensure that all needs are accommodated.
This care plan will include a schedule for our caregivers, and it is flexible so we can adjust it if the care needs of your loved ones change. We will assign a caregiver who we think will be the best fit for your loved ones and the particular situation.