Aging in place has become the clear trend for senior citizens as more people are deciding to spend their golden years in their own homes as opposed to senior living facilities.
The aging in place option allows senior citizens to be more independent and stay in their familiar surroundings, but they may have trouble handling certain daily tasks as they continue to get older.
Physical limitations can make it difficult to clean the house, cook meals, or get out of bed, and mental conditions like dementia can make living alone dangerous without assistance.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide home health care services in Woodridge, IL to help senior citizens age safely and comfortably in their own homes.
When seniors choose to age in place, they will still need some assistance around the house to help with housekeeping, personal assistance, and other activities.
Families typically provide care for an elderly family member by designating another family member to be an informal caregiver, hiring a caregiver directly, or working through home care agencies like Assisting Hands Home Care.
When you work with a home care agency, you are guaranteed a highly trained caregiver who can effectively care for your loved ones.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we carefully screen each of our caregivers to ensure that they can provide the best possible care, and care for your loved ones with compassion and respect. Unlike an independent caregiver, our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection.
The in-home health care services provided by Assisting Hands Home Care include the following:
- Personal Assistance: Senior citizens may have trouble taking care of personal hygiene and activities like bathing, getting dressed, and using the restroom. Our caregivers can assist senior citizens with these personal activities and more.
- Meal Preparation: Some seniors may lose interest in eating for various reasons or be unable to cook for themselves due to physical limitations. Our caregivers will prepare daily meals for your loved ones to ensure they get adequate nutrition.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved ones no longer drive, we can provide transportation services to take care of errands like grocery shopping and get our clients to doctor appointments and family events.
- Light Housekeeping: Cleaning the home every day can be taxing for those with physical limitations. We will help keep the home clean and organized by performing light housekeeping tasks.
- Companionship: At Assisting Hands Home Care, we want to provide your loved ones with social companionship as well as excellent care. Our caregivers will engage in conversations with your loved ones and build a personal connection.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: If you have a loved one that suffers from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, we can provide memory home care services that include activities meant to improve memory.
- Respite Care: If you have a family member acting is the informal caregiver for a loved one, that family member will need breaks to tend to their personal lives. We provide respite care services to help provide relief for family caregivers.
- Post-Operative Care: We can help seniors and adults with our after-surgery care services as they recover from surgery with medication reminders, light housekeeping, and other tasks.
Trusted Home Care Services in Woodridge, IL
Working with a home care agency is the best option for families who want to provide effective care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities within their family.
Assisting Hands Home Care will send one of our representatives to the home to assess the care needs of the individual and create a care plan that accommodates these needs.
Our care plans are flexible because we know that the specific needs of any client could change at any time. Once we have created the care plan, we will choose a caregiver best suited to provide care and be a social companion for your loved ones.
Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation
If you have family members in Woodridge, IL that need assistance to age in place, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our in-home health care services.
We guarantee that our caregivers have been carefully screened and trained to provide the best possible care services. Give us a call at (630) 352-3656 for more about our home care services.