Night Sitter for the Elderly from Assisting Hands Wheaton, IL
During the day, it can be easier to get care for an elderly relative within the family. But come nighttime, it can be more difficult to get your elderly relative the care and assistance he/she needs.
Usually, family caregivers go back to their own homes at night, and this leaves seniors by themselves. But even if seniors have a family caregiver with them at home during the night, the caregiver still needs to get some rest. As such, if an emergency happens at night, family caregivers may be unable to respond immediately.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer a solution by providing seniors in Wheaton, IL, with caregivers through our overnight care services.
Our overnight caregivers have all been properly bonded, insured, and licensed to provide overnight care for elderly individuals and disabled adults who need help throughout the night.
During the evening, the overnight caregiver comes to your loved one’s home to assist him/her with his/her nighttime routine. The caregiver then stays up during the entirety of the night, making him/herself available to help your elderly relative whenever necessary.
It is up to you whether you want the caregiver to stay in the same room as your loved ones while they sleep or whether you want the caregiver to stay in another area of the residence until assistance is needed.
Our overnight care services generally include the following:
- Assistance with nighttime routines: bathing, dressing oneself, and more
- Assistance with getting into and out of bed
- Assistance with medications
- Assistance with middle-of-the-night restroom use
Overnight care services are especially beneficial for seniors who deal with the following:
- Vision Loss: A lot of elderly individuals have conditions that result in impaired vision, whether it be cataracts or glaucoma. At night, getting around one’s home can be dangerous for seniors whose vision is impaired. Our caregivers will work to make sure seniors get around safely by helping them move through their home and removing tripping hazards.
- Falls: Seniors who are prone to falling can find the nighttime increasingly dangerous. Our caregivers will help guide your elderly relatives at night to reduce their risk of suffering a fall.
- Post-Surgery: If seniors recently underwent surgery, they may have a tough time sleeping comfortably. Our caregivers will help clients change their sleeping positions so they can sleep more comfortably.
- Dementia: Seniors who have been diagnosed with dementia tend to aimlessly wander, and this is more dangerous at night. Our caregivers will attentively watch clients and prevent them from wandering around throughout the night.
Leaving your elderly relatives alone for the night can be nerve-racking. They are left by themselves at a time when an emergency can happen and there will be no one to provide immediate help. Assisting Hands can help with this through our overnight care services. We will provide seniors in DuPage County with caregivers that they can trust and who will treat them with compassion.
Our overnight care services can be covered by your loved one’s long term care insurance.