During the day, it can be easy to get care for an elderly relative from a family member or friend. But come nighttime, it may be tough to get seniors the assistance they need. Family caregivers typically go home at night, which leaves elderly relatives alone. Even if a family caregiver stays there, he/she will still need to get sleep. As such, if an emergency comes up at night, he/she might be unable to respond to the situation immediately.
Overnight Care for Elderly in Glen Ellyn, IL and Surrounding Areas in DuPage County
Assisting Hands Home Care in Glen Ellyn, IL can provide assistance with our overnight care services for seniors and adults with special needs. Our caregivers are properly bonded, insured, and licensed to provide overnight care services to elderly individuals as well as disabled adults who require a caregiver at night. Our overnight care services can be covered under your loved one’s long term care insurance.
The overnight caregiver arrives at your loved one’s home in the evening and will assist with his/her bedtime routine. The caregiver stays up throughout the night, available for any help needed or emergencies that come up. Additionally, you can decide whether the caregiver will stay in your loved one’s room as he or she sleeps or if the caregiver stays elsewhere within the home until needed.
The following are generally included in our overnight care services:
- Assistance with bedtime routines: bathing, getting dressed, and more
- Assistance with getting in and out of bed
- Assistance with medications
- Assistance with nighttime restroom use
(See the Full List of Services)
Seniors who are affected by the following would find our overnight care services to be beneficial:
- Loss of Vision: A lot of elderly individuals have conditions that lead to impaired vision, such as cataracts and glaucoma. Knowing this, it can be very dangerous for them to move throughout their home at night. We can assist them by guiding them to the bathroom and by removing any tripping hazards.
- Falls: Seniors who are prone to falls may find nighttime to be a dangerous time when they walk around their home. Our caregivers can reduce the risk of falls by helping them throughout the night.
- Post-Surgery: For seniors who have undergone surgery recently, sleeping comfortably can be a difficult task. Our caregivers will help your loved one switch positions during the night to ensure they can sleep comfortably.
- Dementia: Elderly individuals who suffer from dementia tend to aimlessly wander throughout their home. Come nighttime, this becomes especially dangerous. Our caregivers will watch out for them and keep them from wandering.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Families with elderly relatives who live alone get nervous about their safety at night because of the potential hazards the night can present and the lack of people to help them if an emergency arises.
With Assisting Hands Home Care’s overnight care services, we can guarantee that your elderly loved ones have a caregiver available throughout the whole night in case help is needed with bathroom trips or if emergencies come up. With such help, you and your family can rest easy knowing your elderly relatives have a professional, compassionate caregiver to provide assistance.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 352-3656 if you or your loved one need overnight care in Glen Ellyn, IL or the surrounding areas of DuPage County .