Often times, families respect their elderly family members the most, because they are the oldest and have made sacrifices for the family throughout the years.
Knowing this, it makes sense for families to take it upon themselves to provide their elderly family members with everyday care instead of placing them within an assisted living facility or retirement home.
But providing such care isn’t an easy task. In fact, family caregivers can become very stressed by acting as a caregiver because of the time commitment it requires, thus affecting their own personal lives and well-being.
Elderly Care Services in Wheaton, IL, Provided by Assisting Hands
Assisting Hands Home Care can help relieve such a burden with the elderly care services that we offer in Wheaton, IL and throughout DuPage County. We employ caregivers who have undergone special training that allows them to provide home care services that let senior citizens age within the comfort of their own homes.
Furthermore, our caregivers have been bonded, insured, and licensed to give you peace of mind and ensure that your loved ones will receive quality care and companionship.
Everybody has their own personal needs for care services. We understand this, which is exactly why we work with every family to develop a customized care plan for each client that meets all of their unique care needs. The following services can be covered by our elderly care:
- Meal Preparation
- Assistance with Personal Activities
- Errands and Transportation
- Care Management
- 24-Hour Care / Overnight Care
- Live-In Care
- Respite Care
- Light Housekeeping
The following specialized care services are usually included within our senior care plans:
- Personal Care and Grooming: Our caregivers assist elderly individuals with personal hygiene and grooming activities: restroom usage, bathing, dressing, and more.
- Meal Preparation: We ensure that seniors are properly nourished by preparing nutritious meals for them on a daily basis.
- Transportation and Errands: Our caregivers can provide your elderly loved ones with rides to and from appointments, events, and more if they are unable to drive. Additionally, we can run errands for them such as grocery shopping and medication pickups.
- Light Housekeeping: We will help keep elderly individuals’ homes clean by vacuuming, doing laundry, and performing other light housekeeping tasks.
- Fall Prevention: Our caregivers know that seniors are prone to getting injured from a fall, so we will help prevent falling by removing trip hazards and keeping clear paths throughout the home.
- Companionship: We will be a companion and friend to your elderly loved ones in addition to being their caregiver. Our caregivers engage in conversation, games, and other activities with seniors.
- Hospice Care: Our caregivers can help individuals who have a limited life expectancy or terminal illness through our hospice care services. This allows them to live their last days with dignity.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can assist individuals who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, doing memory care exercises that limit memory loss.
Please contact us if you need a service that is not listed here.
Get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care if you have an elderly relative in Wheaton, IL, who is in need of assistance. Through our elderly care services, we will provide seniors with exceptional care from our skilled, compassionate caregivers.
In addition, we have an open line of communication, always keeping a client’s family updated on your loved one’s health status. You can help cover the cost of our elderly care services with your loved one’s long term care insurance.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation About Your Elderly Care Needs
Call (630) 352-3656 to learn more or to schedule a no-obligation in-home consultation about our elderly care services in Wheaton, IL.