Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care provide complete companion care services for seniors and adults with disabilities to assist them with activities of daily living (ADLs) in Naperville, and the surrounding areas of DuPage County (See the Full List of Service Areas). Engaging your loved one in fun conversation and activities, our caregivers will work to build a relationship with them.
Companion care for seniors is very important for their overall well-being; seniors thrive when they receive socialization. In fact, companionship can help prevent many problems that seniors who are isolated may experience.
Our caregivers can combat depression and loneliness in your loved ones, providing the companion care they need. We also consider ourselves more than just home health aides; we work to build a personal connection with them when providing home care services.
Senior Companionship in Naperville, IL and the Surrounding Areas of DuPage County
If your loved one in Naperville, IL or the surrounding areas of DuPage County is in need of a companion, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 352-3656. We provide free consultations for our companion care services.
When working with our home care agency, you can expect that each of our caregivers is licensed, bonded, and insured, and has passed a detailed background check. Our professionals are also very qualified to provide personal care and have outgoing personalities to become great companions for your loved one.
Our home care services can help your loved one with any activities that may be challenging to them. Check out all of the following ways we can help:
- Personal Care: Any ADLs with which your loved one may be struggling, including maintaining oral hygiene, transferring, medication reminders, incontinence care, walking, dressing, bathing, and more, they can depend on our caregivers for help.
- Light Housekeeping: Any light cleaning tasks that may need to be taken care of around the house, such as making the bed, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and taking out the trash, our caregivers can take care of for your loved one.
- Meal Preparation: When living alone, maintaining a healthy diet can be difficult, especially if your elderly loved one is no longer able to cook. Our caregivers can provide nutritious meals that are in accordance with their dietary restrictions, serving the meal and cleaning up afterwards.
- Grocery Shopping and Errands: Our caregivers can help your loved one with their errands, including going to and from the grocery store, doctor’s appointments, post office, family outings, and more.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are always working with your loved one to build a healthy relationship. When doing this, we love to engage them in conversation, hobbies, games, recreational activities, and other fun activities.
(See the Full List of Services)
Companion care can help seniors in a number of ways:
- Memory – socialization can provide a way to relieve tension and anxiety, and a way to maintain strong mental health. Companion care will give seniors the socialization they need to keep their minds active (Click here to learn more: Memory Care).
- Physical Health – seniors who might not walk or exercise on their own may do so with the help and guidance of a caregiver. Using muscles and bones on a daily basis can keep them from weakening as they age.
- Emotional Health – being isolated can cause a senior to become depressed and anxious. Being able to socialize through companion care can improve a person’s mood and emotional state.
- Seniors who are isolated tend to have poorer health and shorter lifespans. Companion care removes isolation, gives seniors a better opportunity to manage stress, and may increase life expectancy.
Senior Companionship Activities
Our caregivers provide a range of activities or hobbies that our clients are interested in. They can also just engage in conversation. Our caregivers can assist with activities such as:
- Card or board games
- Going to see friends or family
Get a Free, In-Home Consultation
Once we know what a client enjoys doing, we can help them continue enjoying that activity. Our companion care services will keep our clients social, assisting in the improvement of their mind, body, and spirit. We can put together a companion care service plan for your senior loved based on their needs.
To schedule a free, in-home consultation to discuss your loved one’s needs and how we can help with companion care services offered in Naperville, and the surrounding areas of DuPage County, IL, give us a call at (630) 352-3656.
"Assisting Hands is a wonderful resource for families that want to ensure that their parents are cared for and safe. Their home aides are trained and skilled in senior care issues, including fall prevention and dementia. I highly recommend their level of care and attentiveness."
"The daughter went an extra step and sent me an email about her positive experience with Assisting Hands. She specifically talked about how wonderful Deanna and Brian have been through this experience. I will be sure to refer going forward and appreciate all you’ve done. I’m impressed that Assisting Hands followed through exactly as you and Richard had Promised."