Long-term care insurance is an insurance policy that helps pay for long-term care, including home care, when the owner of the policy is no longer able to provide self-care. If someone needs daily assistance for activities of daily living (ADLs), including bathing or restroom use, the long-term care insurance policy will cover the care they need. This helps relieve the burden of the cost of in-home care for the owner of the policy and their family if the time comes when they need in-home care to get through the day. Long-term care insurance may cover care in the case of debilitating injuries or illness, chronic illness or disability, cognitive impairment, or deteriorating physical or mental health.
Learn About Who Should Buy Long-Term Care Insurance?
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we accept long-term care insurance to help pay for our in-home care services in Naperville, IL and the surrounding western Chicago suburbs. We understand the financial burden that in-home care can have on families and long-term care insurance will help cover the costs and relieve this burden. With the financial security that long-term care insurance provides, you and your loved ones can focus on ensuring they get the care they need for their health and well-being.
In-Home Care Covered by Long-Term Care Insurance
If you have senior loved ones with long-term care insurance in Naperville, Wheaton, Glen ellyn, Donwers Grove, Hinsdale, or the surrounding areas in DuPage and Cook counties, they can use their insurance to cover home care services from Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago. We accept long-term care insurance for general elderly home care services, respite care, hospice care, overnight care, 24-hour and live-in care, and memory care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Our caregivers are highly trained, licensed, and insured and they must each pass an extensive background check upon being hired. This helps us ensure that we send caregivers to your loved ones’ home who are passionate about providing effective care as well as social companionship. Our caregivers will take the time to understand your loved one’s care needs and get to know them on a personal level through conversation and fun activities. We will also stay in regular contact with the relatives of the care recipients to provide updates on their condition and adjust our care plan when necessary.
Family members of those receiving care can have more active involvement in the care of their loved ones without worrying about the financial burden that can come with home care services. You will have the freedom to focus on other important matters concerning your loved one’s care and even spend quality time with your loved ones as they receive care without worrying about the effect on your financial situation.
Learn more about How to Choose the Best Long-Term Care Insurance for You
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we accept long-term care insurance for the following home care services:
- Elderly home care: If you have senior relatives that want to age in place but need help at home, we can provide them with personal assistance and help with meal preparation, light housekeeping, and transportation.
- Respite care: Providing care for a loved one is a demanding job for a family member to take on. With our respite care services, we can relieve the family caregiver by having one of our caregivers take over at regularly scheduled times.
- Hospice care: When a family member is diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, the situation it creates can be overwhelming. With our hospice care services, you will not have to worry about the quality or cost of care that your loved ones will receive. We will provide effective care for your loved ones while you spend time with them and handle their other end of life affairs.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care (memory care): Seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia benefit from receiving care in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes. Our caregivers are specially trained to provide memory care services for those suffering from these conditions and we can even help slow memory loss with mentally stimulating exercises.
- 24-Hour home care: If your loved ones need 24-hour assistance in their homes, we can help with our 24-hour or live-in care services. With these services, one of our caregivers will always be in the home of your loved one ready to help.
- Overnight home care: Sometimes families can help care for their elderly relatives during the day, but have a hard time covering them at night. If you don’t want your loved ones home alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will arrive in the evening and stay awake until the morning to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
If you have elderly loved ones in Naperville, Downers Grove, Hinsdale, or the surrounding areas in DuPage and Cook county that have long-term care insurance and need in-home care, contact Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago. Your loved ones will receive quality in-home care from our trained and licensed caregivers and their long-term care insurance will help cover the cost of the care. Call us now at (630) 352-3656 for a free initial in-home consultation.