Night Sitter for the Elderly from Assisting Hands Naperville
Providing care for a senior relative may be easy to cover during the day, but it can be difficult to ensure that your loved one has the help they need overnight.
Family caregivers tend to go home at night, leaving their senior relatives on their own. Even if a family caregiver stays in the home with their relative, they have to sleep sometime, and they may not respond quickly if an emergency occurs.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help cover this gap in care by providing overnight care services for seniors who need it in Naperville, IL.
The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care Naperville are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide overnight care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities who need someone present in the home during the night.
Our overnight caregiver will arrive at the home in the evening to help your loved ones through their bedtime routine.
The caregiver will stay awake throughout the night to respond to emergencies and provide assistance if your loved one wakes up.
You can choose to have the caregiver remain in the room with your sleeping loved ones or allow them to be in another part of the home until they are needed.
Our overnight care services generally include the following:
- Help with bedtime routines including bathing and getting dressed
- Help getting in bed at night and out of bed in the morning
- Medication assistance
- Help with restroom use in the middle of the night
Overnight care services are especially beneficial for seniors who deal with the following:
- Loss of Vision: Many senior citizens suffer from conditions that lead to impaired vision including glaucoma and cataracts. Moving through the home at night can be especially hazardous for seniors with impaired vision. Our caregivers can help guide seniors with impaired vision to the bathroom at night and keep their path free of obstacles.
- Falls: Walking around the home at night is also dangerous for seniors who are prone to falls. By helping your loved ones through the home at night, we can greatly reduce the risk of a fall.
- Post-Surgery: Seniors who have recently had surgery may have difficulty sleeping comfortably. We can help seniors change positions at night to sleep more comfortably.
- Dementia: Seniors affected by dementia have the tendency to wander aimlessly through the home, which can be dangerous at night. Our overnight caregivers keep an eye on seniors with dementia to prevent wandering in the middle of the night.
Leaving your senior relatives unattended at night can make families nervous because there is no one to help or respond to emergencies in the middle of the night.
Our overnight care services will ensure that your loved ones have a caregiver nearby through the entire night to provide assistance with trips to the bathroom and respond quickly if there is an emergency.
You and your loved ones will be able to sleep better at night knowing that they are in the hands of our trusted and compassionate caregivers.