Assisting Hands Home Care helps those who suffer from Parkinson’s disease (PD) with our Parkinson’s home care services in Naperville, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn IL and the surrounding areas in DuPage county. Our caregivers are trained to provide personal care and assistance for those with Parkinson’s disease so that they can continue to live at home.
Parkinson’s disease is a condition that affects the central nervous system and attacks the muscles, making it painful and difficult for those affected to move. The disease is a degenerative condition which means that symptoms will be mild in the early stages and get worse as the disease develops. The most common symptoms of those living with Parkinson’s include stiff muscles, trouble speaking, shakiness, tremors, and poor balance. People who experience these symptoms have extreme difficulty with daily activities like self-care and other tasks and they will likely need assistance to live safely at home.
Parkinson’s Home Care Services in Naperville
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help those with Parkinson’s disease in Naperville, IL with our Parkinson’s home care services. Our Parkinson’s caregivers have experience providing care for those affected by this disease and we are licensed, bonded, and insured for your peace of mind. You can expect our caregivers to assist your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) and other essential household tasks.
Progression of Parkinson’s Disease
Those affected by Parkinson’s disease have low levels of dopamine in their brain because the nerve cells that produce dopamine breakdown and die. This causes abnormal brain activity which affects the regulation of body movements. The common symptoms will start to show in the early stages of the disease, and they will get worse as the disease develops and dopamine levels continue to fall.
The symptoms most associated with Parkinson’s disease involve difficulty with movements such as rigid muscles, slow movements, tremors, trouble speaking, impaired posture and balance, and loss of subconscious movements. Those affected may also experience the following complications as the disease progresses:
- Cognitive issues: Parkinson’s disease can eventually cause cognitive impairment and even lead to dementia.
- Swallowing and eating issues: Chewing and swallowing is extremely difficult when those affected by Parkinson’s can’t control their muscles. Because of this, those affected have a high risk of choking or malnutrition.
- Depression: Those in the early stages of the disease may experience anxiety, fear, and depression.
- Sleeping issues: Parkinson’s disease can make it difficult for those affected to sleep at night and stay asleep.
- Toileting issues: Loss of body control can lead to incontinence and the slowing of the digestive process can also lead to constipation.
Professional Parkinson’s Caregivers
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our Parkinson’s caregivers understand how to provide the care those affected by this disease need to be safe in their homes. We will help them with their activities of daily living (ADLs) including self-care and hygiene and we can provide assistance to ensure that they move safely around the home. You and your family will have peace of mind knowing our caregivers are present to care for your loved ones with Parkinson’s disease.
Our Parkinson’s care can include the following:
- Personal Care and Assistance: Our caregivers will assist with personal care activities such as restroom use, dressing, bathing, eating, and others.
- Medication Reminder: We will ensure that your loved ones never forget to take their medication by reminding them to take the correct dosage at the right time.
- Mobility Assistance: We can help those who have difficulty moving get in and out of their bed or recliner and guide them as they move throughout the home.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers will do more than provide care for your loved ones, they will be their companion as well. We engage with your loved ones in conversations and fun activities to build a personal relationship with them.
- Senior Transportation and Errand Services: We will provide rides to help with errands and make sure your loved ones get to doctor appointments and other commitments on time.
- Overnight Home Care: We offer overnight care in which a caregiver will remain in the home and awake throughout the night to provide assistance and react in case of an emergency.
- Live-In Care and 24-Hour Home Care: If you want one of our caregivers in your loved one’s home 24 hours a day, we can help with our live-in and 24-hour care options.
Free In–Home Consultation from Assisting Hands
If you have a loved one who suffers from Parkinson’s disease and needs help at home, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our Parkinson’s home care. We will provide a free in-home consultation to understand the care needs of your loved ones and form an appropriate care plan. Give us a call at (630) 352-3656 for information about our Parkinson’s care services in Naperville, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Illinois and the surrounding areas in DuPage county.