Naperville, IL is a great place to live, not ifs or buts about it. However, it’s also a great shopping destination in and of itself. And the best part is – you don’t have to live in this western suburb of Chicago to enjoy the fine stores in it.
On the flip side they offer brands that can be found everywhere – Gap, Banana Republic, Hollister just to name a few.
And that’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with it but some people prefer to shop from unique and exclusive, sometimes family own shops and Naperville has a few of them (and here I am not talking about clothing stores only).
So, I will highlight an ice-cream store, a clothing boutique and a pet boutique.
- Karisma Boutique – this little gem is in the heart of Naperville, a door down from Barnes and Noble bookstore.They sell clothes and accessories that women go crazy about. They purchase in limited quantities, so you are almost guaranteed to be the only one in that dress at the next event.At the same time most of their items are moderately priced so you won’t have to blow your budget on a piece of apparel.
How do they make their regulars come back again and again? Their secret is very simple, they text them with sales and when new merchandise is in store.
The boutique is conveniently located right next to the parking garage at 75 E. Chicago Ave. so you literally step out of the car and walk into the store.
If you want to learn more about the store and the woman behind it – Ginger Makowski, check out this article in one of the local newspapers – Naperville Sun.
- Munchies Rolled Ice Cream – this ice cream shop in Downtown Naperville at 22 E Chicago Ave is a relatively new addition. So new in fact that they don’t have a website. What they have is almost 50 positive reviews on Google.This is truly something you have never seen before. You can watch the owner of the place make the ice cream right in front of your ice and then rolled it. You can see what I am talking about here.
They also have flavors you can’t find anywhere else (mind you Downtown Naperville has 3 more ice-cream places within a stone’s throw from one another – Cold Stone Creamery, Cookie Dough Creations and Kilwins and two frozen yogurt places – Red Mango and Forever Yogurt).
But ice-cream is not the only unique food this city has to offer.
- Two Bostons Pet Boutique – Just like Karisma Boutique and Munchies Rolled Ice cream this store for happy pets is located in downtown Naperville. They have three additional locations but they started from this store on 103 W Jefferson Ave in Naperville.They sell high-end dog food and treats and they charge appropriately for them but one can’t put price on their pet’s health, can they?The staff is friendly and helpful and they will spend whatever time is necessary with you to make sure you get the right product for your dog (the store has a second floor with treats and toys for cats).
On some days you might get serviced by the owners themselves. You can read more about them here.
As you can see, Naperville offers unique shopping experience no matter what you’re looking for. Just get in the car, drive to Downtown Naperville, park at one of the multi-level parking garages for free and start enjoying everything this western suburb has to offer.
Directions from Angelo Caputo’s Fresh Market Naperville at 3115 111th St, Naperville, IL 60564 to Munchies Rolled Ice Cream via IL-59 S:
1. Take 111th St to IL-59 N
2. Continue on IL-59 N to Naperville Township
3. Continue on Aurora Ave. Drive to W Chicago Ave in Lisle Township
4. Arrive @ Munchies Rolled Ice Cream