When elderly individuals reach their golden years, they usually have to give up various things, including their jobs and driving privileges. However, there’s one thing in particular that seniors from the baby boomer generation aren’t giving up: their homes.
More elderly individuals are deciding to age within the comfort of their own homes instead of within an assisted living facility or nursing home. By doing this, they are able to remain somewhat independent.
But even at home, many seniors need some amount of care to live their everyday lives safely. Some families may be able to handle elderly relatives’ care needs on their own, but this isn’t the case for all families.
In fact, for some families, this might be an extremely difficult task — if not impossible. If this is the case, families can hire in-home care services to help their elderly relatives.
Senior Care in Woodridge, IL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we help seniors in Woodridge, IL, by providing various senior home care services that help them live at home safely. Every one of our home care services is customized to fit the needs of elderly individuals and disabled adults. We start by setting up a meeting with you and your loved one to discuss your loved one’s care needs. We then use our findings to develop a personalized care plan that can be altered to fit any change in needs.
We employ certified caregivers who are well trained to provide quality care for your loved ones. Additionally, our caregivers are all bonded, insured, and licensed and they have each passed a background check. This ensures that only skilled, compassionate caregivers work with and provide your loved ones with the care they deserve. Our caregivers know how to appropriately handle emergencies and perform CPR, and they have first aid training.
Complete Senior Care Services
A wide variety of care activities are included within our senior care services and they can be tailored to meet your loved one’s specific needs. We do this by assessing the client’s care needs during our initial meeting and using that assessment to develop a customized care plan. The following can be covered within our senior care services:
- Daily Routine Assistance: Elderly individuals who have mental or physical limitations or chronic conditions may have a difficult time doing their daily routines. Our caregivers will help seniors get through their morning and night time routines, helping them bathe, dress, and get in and out of bed.
- Transfer Assistance: Whether elderly individuals need help moving in and out of their wheelchair or getting in and out of bed, our caregivers will assist them to ensure their safety.
- Bathing and Showering: Our caregivers can help seniors maintain their hygiene by assisting them with bathing and showering.
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers can provide full or partial help for restroom use.
- Getting Dressed: Our caregivers will help seniors get dressed for the day after waking up in the morning and before bed at night.
- Personal Appearance: Our caregivers will help elderly individuals with their personal hygiene and grooming so that they can maintain their personal appearance.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers will assist seniors who are affected by incontinence, helping them change clothes and clean up.
Along with personal care, we can provide clients with the following services at their homes:
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will make sure elderly individuals get the proper nutrition by preparing meals that account for any dietary restrictions. We will also take care of the cleanup.
- Transportation: Our caregivers can provide seniors with transportation to medical appointments and family gatherings and help them run errands.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will do light housekeeping so that seniors don’t have to handle the physical work that comes with it.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will also act as companions to elderly individuals. If seniors don’t socialize enough, then they can develop feelings of loneliness and even depression. We get to know your loved ones by engaging in friendly conversation as well as games and hobbies with them.
Call Assisting Hands to Schedule a Free Consultation For Your Senior Care Needs
If you have elderly relatives in need of professional home care that allows them to comfortably age within the comfort of their homes, get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care in Woodridge, IL. We employ well trained, compassionate caregivers who will provide effective, quality care for your loved ones.
To Speak with One of Our Experienced Senior Care Specialists Call Us at (630) 352-3656.