We welcome both experienced and aspiring caregivers. All our caregivers our either Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) OR Home Health Aides (HHAs).
If you are a licensed CNA in good standing, you are eligible for immediate hire. If you are a HHA with a valid certificate and in good standing you are also eligible for immediate hire – if you do not have your certificate, we will administer the AHCA written and skilled competency test and upon successful completion you will be eligible for hire.
We can ASSIST and HELP you with getting TRAINED and CREDENTIALED! Here are some requirements and resources for becoming a credentialed caregiver.
List of required documents and some resources for getting them:
1. Level II AHCA Background Fingerprint Screening – visit IdentoGO at https://fl.ibtfingerprint.com/ to make an appointment at a location near you. Select “Schedule a New Appointment”, then select AHCA for the agency name. We recommend that you take this first step before spending time or money on anything else since no health care agency can hire you without it
2. Florida Driver’s License – Florida DMV
3. Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. – visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-9. List of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form
4. CPR Certificate – for a valid certificate call or text Erik Helms at EJHR Enterprises. Eric can be reached at 407-288-5065. He also offers a CNA preparation course
5. PPD Skin Test (Tuberculosis Test) done within the last year (CVS or Walgreens walk-in clinics) or a chest X-Ray done within the last 5 years
6. License and Certificates
- HIV/AIDS Educational Course Certificate –https://www.consultantsforthefuture.com,
- Alzheimer’s Disease Training Course Certificate – https://www.consultantsforthefuture.com,
- CNA License or HHA Certificate – see below for a link to some CNA and HHA schools. We also train for HHA certification
- Assistance with Self Administration of Medications Course Certificate (optional) – https://www.consultantsforthefuture.com, https://www.rn.org
- Elder Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Infection Control and Universal Precautions
- Domestic Violence
We do not endorse or compel you to use any of the suggested providers that we list on this page and do so for informational purposes only. You are welcome to use any valid and verifiable providers acceptable to the State of Florida.
If you are interested in becoming a CNA or HHA, click here for links to some of the schools in the counties where we serve that offer HHA certification and CNA licensing. We can also train you to become a HHA!
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 407-347-4700