Assisting Hands Home Care 5-Day Home Care Career Program
Do you want to get the education you need and the job you love?
Have you provided care for a loved one and want to turn it into a part-time or full-time career?
Do you have a compassionate heart for working with seniors?
Are you currently employed in a senior center or community but haven’t had the opportunity to offer direct care?
If you have a strong work ethic and would love to make senior care a career, make it happen now!
We want to pay you to get the education you need to start a rewarding career at Assisting Hands Home Care. We offer flexible full-and-part-time scheduling, benefits, great pay, and a supportive team atmosphere.
How do you qualify to become a successful Candidate for this 5-Day Home Care Career Program?
- Demonstrated reliable work experience for at least 5 years
- Experience: One or more of the following:
- Worked in a health care setting with the elderly, but no direct care experience. Perhaps you’ve worked in activities or food service.
- Experience caring for a senior, likely a parent, where you provided personal care for an extended period.
- Started nursing school but did not finish.
- A genuine interest in the elderly and caring for them as demonstrated by their past activities
- Compassion for the elderly
- Bright personality
- Not afraid of personal care
- Ready and willing to work shifts for Assisting Hands Home Care when the program is complete
What You’ll Learn:
- Primary responsibilities as a caregiver
- Learning the Assisting Hands Way: Adding Life to Our Clients’ Years
- Universal precautions/infection control
- Hand washing
- Donning/doffing gloves/using PPE
- Safety and proper body mechanics
- Transfers/ambulation/gait belt procedures
- Personal Care: Bathing/showering
- Oral, nail, hair care and shaving
- Compression stockings
- Catheter care
- Care of a bedbound client
- Toileting all aspects
- Medication assistance, basic oxygen, blood sugar machines, and electronic blood pressure cuffs
- Types of diets/thickened liquids and assistance with feeding
- Reducing risk for falls and assisting after a fall
- Bed making, occupied and unoccupied
- Companionship/therapeutic communication
- Skills test
- Written test
- If tests are passed, hiring paperwork and orientation.
- Scheduled Field Shadowing
- Eight hours of Field Shadowing with one of our Platinum Caregivers, plus our certified Dementia 101 course.