“Even if you think you know all there is to know about Dementia, there’s so much more to learn in this class. The people who think they know about everything come away with something new.”
Community Staff Education
Created with the busy community in mind, this intensive training yields the highest impact to your residents. Appropriate for personnel working in a general care setting with residents who may have Dementia /Alzheimer’s or staff working in or managing a memory care unit.
For just $750, your team receives:
- 3 hours Training at your Community or at the Assisting Hands training facility
- Up to 8 staff members
- “Positive Approach to Care Manual” and Certificate of Completion
Participants Learn How to Better Understand the Resident:
- Interact and meet them where they are in their brain disease progression
- Learn how to do things “with” them not “to” them
- Proper techniques on how to connect with them to achieve a positive outcome
- Practical, everyday tips
And How to Physically Approach the Resident:
- Identify how the individual’s brain disease stage determines the approach to effective care
- Gain insight into how behaviors are triggered
- Learn flexible techniques to connect with them in a way that helps reduce anxiety and prevent escalation
- Tips for positive, practical interaction to maintain a calm and safe environment
PREREQUISITE: Community Staff Education
A deeper dive from Community Staff Education Training, Field Training is designed to work with up to six members of your staff in your memory care unit, practicing specific techniques with your community residents. Help add life to your residents’ years and increase job satisfaction for your memory care team.
Participants will learn:
- Hands on application of “Positive Approach to Care”
- Opportunity to work “real time” – Trainer will work directly with the scheduled floor staff during their shift
- 3 hours training
- Up to 4 staff members
- Personalized staff training in your memory care unit
Individual Coaching Sessions
Coaching sessions are uniquely tailored for your management staff, who will meet with our specialists regarding the specific needs of the resident. Together we will identify, customize and teach techniques helpful for complex situations alleviating potential issues before they escalate.
- Collaborate on what’s best for the resident
- Explore timely and relevant issues and questions related to resident
- Identify potential recommendations and next steps
- Practice applying different strategies of care directly with the resident to determine what works best
- 1 hour coaching
- Up to 2 staff members
- Customized approach to unique situations
Need extra assistance? Review a specific technique? Your time is valuable and we are here for you! Give us a call and we’ll schedule a time for you to speak with one of our specialists.
$50 per call up to 30 minutes; $100 for an hour
*Assisting Hands reserves the right to change services and pricing at our discretion.