“I can’t even begin to express how this training has helped enhance things at home for Mom, but also has given our family members much needed insight, direction and focus for all things related to Mom and her care.”
- 4 one hour sessions
- 2 virtual meetings
- Up to 3 family caregivers
- Location: your home
Learn How to Better Understand Your Loved One:
- Interact and meet them where they are in their brain disease progression
- Learn how to do things “with” them not “to” them
- Proper techniques on how to connect with your loved one to achieve a positive outcome
- Practical, everyday tips
And How to Physically Approach Your Loved One:
- Identify how your loved one’s brain disease stage determines the approach to effective care
- Gain insight into how behaviors are triggered
- Learn flexible techniques to connect with them in a way that helps reduce anxiety and prevent escalation
- Tips for positive, practical interaction to maintain a calm and safe environment
Family Counseling Sessions
We will meet with your family members off site (away from your loved one with dementia) to discuss their particular situation. Counseling sessions occur at your private residence, by video conference, or at the Assisting Hands training facility.
$200 at Assisting Hands training facility (Video conference available.)
$250 at your private residence
*Video conference available. All rates are hourly.
Need extra assistance? Review a specific technique? Your time is valuable and we are here for you! Give us a call and we’ll schedule a time for you to speak with one of our specialists.
$50 per call up to 30 minutes; $100 for an hour
*Assisting Hands reserves the right to change services and pricing at our discretion.