Assisting Hands® Home Care has proudly signed the AARP Employer Pledge. Doing so recognizes the value of experienced workers, and our commitment to hiring an age-diverse workforce. The AARP Employer Pledge Program encompasses a nationwide group of employers.
As a group, the employers understand that a multigenerational workforce is good for workers of all ages. It creates a strong pipeline of talent, protects business continuity and taps into new resources to address labor shortages.
In addition to employers’ need for talent in a tight labor market, it makes great business sense to hire experienced workers, as noted in A Business Care for Workers Age 50.
Experienced workers offer many of the attributes that employers look for:
- 81% of workers age 55+ are motivated, exerting extra effort and contributing more than is normally required in their job
- 65% of employees 55+ are engaged in their jobs
- 79% of workers 55+ are curious about and interested in increasing their tech skills
- 81% of workers 55+ are able to keep up with technology
In addition, employers believe workers 55+ offer many other benefits:
- 87% believe they are a valuable resource for training and mentoring
- 82% believe they have more knowledge, wisdom and life experience
- 69% believe they are more responsible, reliable and dependable
- 59% believe they are more adept at problem solving
Bottom line? Diversity makes organizations stronger and better prepared to flourish in today’s business climate. Assisting Hands® is proud to be part of this nationwide commitment to experienced workers and a diverse workforce.