Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
Yield: 12 – Prep time: 10 minutes – Total time: 10 minutes
This easy party spread is super satisfying and so easy to make and perfect for any fall entertaining. Instead or toffee bits, use chopped peanuts for a saltier combination. Any citrus juice will work, but pineapple juice is great for keeping apples from browning.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (or more) caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup (or more) toffee bits
- sliced apples, pears, pretzels for serving (at least 4-5 apples)
- Pineapple juice (for soaking the apple or pear slices)
- Place cream cheese on a serving dish. If you’d like, shape into a round and indent in the center to hold more caramel. Pour as much caramel sauce as you want evenly over cream cheese. Sprinkle with a generous helping of toffee bits.
- Serve with sliced apples, pears, or pretzels.
- 1 pound fettuccine reserve 1 cup of pasta water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a teaspoon of salt to the boiling water, then add fettuccine. Cook until al dente (check package instructions).
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute, careful not to burn. Stir in half & half, Parmesan, pumpkin and nutmeg. Stir until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Stir in pasta water, about 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce is desired consistency (I used about 1/2 a cup, and it was thick and creamy. For a thinner sauce, use more water).
- Add pasta and cook over medium-high heat until sauce is smooth and pasta is well coated; about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh grated Parmesan, if desired.