Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2/3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, sliced in rounds and halved
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced fresh basil
- On a large plate, combine flour with 1/4 cup Parmesan, garlic powder, and lemon zest. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with a fork. Dredge each chicken breast on all sides with flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken and sear until golden, 6 minutes. Flip and cook until opposite side is golden, around 6 minutes more. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium and add butter to pan. When butter is melted add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, cream, and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and season with more salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add lemon slices and bring to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- When chicken is cooked, remove skillet from heat and garnish with basil before serving.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Serves: 10-12 Prep time: 20 min Total time: 45 min
- Cooking spray, for pan
- Flour, for pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 boxes vanilla pudding mix
- 3 c. milk
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 20 Nilla Wafers, 4 crushed
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350º and grease and flour a 9”-x-13” cake pan. Prepare yellow cake mix according to box instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding: In a small bowl, whisk together pudding packets and milk until thick.
- In another large bowl, beat cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Using the handle tip of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake. Spread pudding mixture on top and top with a layer of banana slices. Spread whipped cream on top and sprinkle all over with crushed and whole Nilla Wafers and more banana slices.