Online Dating For Seniors
A majority of people who are over the age of 50 years think that online dating is for young people. However, according to Dr. Charlie Stelle and Dr. Wendy K. Watson, persons over 60 years represent the most rapidly growing bracket when it comes to online dating. The truth is that there are still many single seniors out there; many of which they are unwilling to put themselves out there using this ‘Non-traditional’ way.
Signing up to a dating website may seem like a foreign, scary, and even desperate, especially to those who did not grow with social media. The good news is that online dating websites are out there to prove that it is the smartest, fun, and simple way to find love at any age.
The Proof In The Process
The dating scene has changed a lot due to features such as online matchmaking. The negative aspects associated with online dating is slowly changing due to many success stories. As a matter of fact, research shows that about 120,000 marriages take place every year due to online dating and this number is increasing every year.
According to dating experts, the most important tip for meeting someone through dating websites begin with a well-established and reputable company. Examples of such companies are listed below. These companies have an excellent screening process that includes in-depth questionnaires, meaningful encounters, and promoting honesty.
The Dating Websites That Are Senior Friendly And Should Be Considered
There are three reputable websites that are recognized for being senior-friendly, including Zoosk.com, OurTime.com, and Match.com. All of these websites aim at helping people meet others who are compatible as well as develop long-lasting relationships. Furthermore, each website is easy to navigate and have a large population of seniors looking for love. The largest being Match.com with over 2.5 million seniors in their database.
• Always meet in public and familiar places
• Tell a family member or friend where you are going and the person you are going to meet
• Always be alert and sober
• Use your own transportation (you have to be in control of when you would like to leave. Remember, allowing your date to pick or drop you on the first date is not safe and should not be your option)
• Beware of Catfish (A catfish is a name given to those who lure others into a relationship using fictional online persona). They always target those who are vulnerable in hopes of gaining their trust and scamming them (possessions and money).
Therefore, if a person begins to show unusual or forward behaviors like the ones listed below; stop all communications and contact authorities.
• Bad grammar
• Having a very attractive or notable photo but you have never seen them
• Giving excuses for reasons they cannot meet you in person or make plans but then cancels or delays
• A profession of love comes quickly
• Claiming that they have some sort of financial crisis and requesting for your help
• Hinting they need money or gift
• Having a gut feeling or suspicious that the person is not being 100% truthful
The truth is that a beautiful and genuine relationship can come from online dating websites; however, you must be smart about who you talk to and what you talk about. Take it as if you are meeting a person in the real world for the first time. Also, you should be honest and take things slow and easy. Enjoy the process of meeting new people. Remember a great friend may be closer than you think.
We hope this story gives you an idea of what you might be dealing with in deciding with your loved one what is right for them. If you have any immediate questions, please feel free to call us or contact Assisting Hands Houston today! Visit our blog for more related articles and more insight.