The Best Food Delivery Options For Seniors And Their Caregivers
If you care for an elderly loved one, you understand how difficult it can be to create nutritious meals while trying to care for your elderly loved one. It can be difficult to shop for groceries, prep your meal and cook a delicious dinner each day. Luckily, there are a few different meal delivery options that can help ensure that you and your loved one get a delicious and nutritious meal each day. Using a meal delivery service will help to lighten the load, so you can spend more time with your loved one. Check out these options, which include both ready to eat and ready to cook meals that can be delivered to your doorstep.
Ready to Eat Meal Deliveries
- Meals on Wheels – This service is available in almost every area across the nation. It provides seniors who are unable to create their own meals. These meals are nutritious and aimed at providing your loved one with the foods that they enjoy eating. You can contact the company to see if your elderly loved one can receive this service.
- Churches and Senior Centers – Typically, senior centers, churches, and other community organizations will provide food delivery to local seniors. Contact the organizations in our area to see if they offer such a service and if your loved one qualifies.
- Personal Chef to Go – This service offers heart-healthy delicious meals that are never frozen. The service is available nationwide. These meals require no cooking and are ready when your loved one is ready. The cost of this plan is 16 meals for approximately $15.
- Silver Cuisine by bistroMD – Each meal by bistroMD are created especially for the unique nutritional needs for individuals over the age of 50. There are several options, including low-sodium meals, gluten-free meals, and diabetic-friendly meals. The prices for this service range between $5.95 and $17.95. In addition to the delicious meals, the service offers consultations with Dr. Caroline Cederquist, the founder and a dietician.
- Veestro – For those interested in organic plant-based, Veestro provides delicious, meat-free meals and juices that are healthy and delicious. The pricing for these meals is approximately $8.00 per serving.
Ready to Cook Healthy Meals Delivered
Delivery services are thriving in today’s convenient minded society. You can have healthy proportioned meals delivered to your loved one’s home. These services offer same day delivery of meals at an affordable price.
- Grocery Stores – Grocery stores across the country have embraced convenient shopping and now allow you to place a grocery order online. The grocery store then delivers your purchases to your home on the same day. Make sure to check out the grocery stores rewards programs and cash-back offer to help save you money. Contact your local grocery store to see if this service is available and the cost of the service.
- Amazon Grocery – Amazon offers a subscription service that provides regular delivery of the products that you currently use. The schedule can be monthly or ever two to four months. Whether you are looking for specialty items or meal staples, Amazon Grocery has you covered.
- Chef’d – This company is perfect for those who have special dietary needs like gluten-free eating. A registered dietician will prepare a meal kit that meets our loved one’s unique needs and ensures that each kit is nutritious. A light meal on this program is just over $5.00 per serving.
- Blue Apron – Blue Apron is more pricey than other plans, costing around $10.00 per serving; however, it offers a large variety of fresh ingredients. The company’s customers rate this service well. The plans are designed for at least two people.
- Hello Fresh – Hello Fresh provides you with seasonal vegetables, fish and meat along with step by step recipes. There is no commitment to this service, which means you can pause or cancel the service at any time. Meal prices begin at $9.99. The delivery options for this service are 2 to 5 times per week.
- Green Chef – With this service, you can choose your delivery dates and choose a meal plan for two or more people. Green Chef uses premium, certified organic and non-GMO foods for approximately $10.50 per meal.
We hope this story gives you an idea of what you might be dealing with in deciding with your loved one what is right for them. If you have any immediate questions, please feel free to call us or contact Assisting Hands Houston today! Visit our blog for more related articles and more insight.